Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Sig P238. The only 3 times that i have had it out to the range i have had a significant jam everytime. It's almost like the ammunition is going high skipping the barrell altogether and jamming the slide back. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
484 Posts
Take your slide off and see if you can get a round up past the extractor. Mine came from Sig so tight the rounds wouldn't chamber.

You could also ride the slide slowly while chambering a round and see if you can spot where the trouble is.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Sarcasm and humor...my work here is done.

Everytime someone has one issue with a Taurus, everyone says sell it and buy a _______ (insert brand). I just thought I would try it in reverse.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I've had problems with both the ones I ever owned, so I'm one of those guys. This is my first Sig, and it had problems. The only difference is the Sig was easily fixed, the Taurus was not.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I recently purchased a Sig P238. The only 3 times that i have had it out to the range i have had a significant jam everytime. It's almost like the ammunition is going high skipping the barrell altogether and jamming the slide back. Any suggestions??
Pictures could help also.

·
Banned
888 Posts
what you have there is a stovepipe jam. it's either the magazine or the extractor causing it.

no worries, just call SIG. they'll fix it for free. :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sig p238 problems

With about 500 rounds mine is getting worse and worse about FTE and FTF.
I have the 2nd generation magazine, and 4 more Colt mags which I have heard work as well.
I have not had any better feeding with the Sig magazine.
I called Sig today and spoke with "Victoria." She was very helpful. She will send me a new recoil spring and a new 3rd generation magazine. I don't need to return the old one! She cannot do anything about the Colt magazines. of course. Unfortunately the 3rd generation magazine followers are not available separately.
I have heard a lot of negative comments about Sig service but if today is any indication and assuming Sig follows through, Sig has improved this a lot. I called at 12:15 PM and was the second in line; I was picked up within a minute.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
My buddy bought 2 of them and they both ran factory great,my reloads had a few problems until I tweaked my dies a little,then they ran 100%

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Sell it and buy a Taurus.
On the bright side, with the cost difference you could sell it and buy 2 Taurus TCP 738's. THat way when one breaks, you can switch to the other.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts