Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I've been trying to locate a SIG P238 to have a look at for myself but literally none of the SIG dealers around me have one... not even Gander Mountain. I'm trying to get an idea regarding the size.

I searched the forums and found threads with pictures, but didn't see any that offered any kind of sizing reference.

Would anyone with a P238 mind snapping some pictures with an object for reference? A deck of cards would be most useful, or perhaps two rulers in an L shape. Any common item that will offer a size comparison would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The best comparison I can offer is my P238 next to my P229.

From the Sig Sauer website, here are some specs:

Overall Length 5.5 in
Overall Height 3.9 in
Overall Width 1.1 in
Barrel Length 2.7 in
Sight Radius 3.8 in
Weight w/out Mag 15.2 oz

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I have handled one. It is much smaller in the hand than it looks in pictures. it looks downright bulky in pictures compared to handling it.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
SA Micro-Compact and Sig P-238

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
P238

Its the same size as a Colt Mustang. I have a stainless Mustang which I have carried for 20 years. I am only 5'7" and can easily conceal it a pocket (Uncle Mikes pocket holster) or in my IWB holster.
Here in Florida we wear lighter clothing and shorts because of the weather here, and I don't print with it on me.
PS: Excellent shooting gun. Very reliable.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Husband bought one and we both really liked how it shot. Very comfortable, not bad recoil at all.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh bother...

I found a P238 that came in yesterday at my local range. Went in and saw it... I'm in love. It's a great fit in my hand and felt good in-pocket even without a holster, so it should be awesome in a properly fitted pocket holster. For my deep concealment needs I think it's going to be perfect. I didn't get a chance to shoot it, so hopefully I can find someone locally that has one and will let me try it out.

The price is $492 + tax and background check call (FL still uses the old retarded system and they charge for it :screams:).

I'm actually a little upset about it. It's the exact model I want, correct colors and all. I have to wait for tax return time. Patience...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts