Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the local gun store yesterday, and I got into a discussion about my Colt Mustang. The counter man said it has been copied by Sieg so its back on the market, so to speak.
I looked it up on their website and the specifications and dimensions are the same. The exterior look a bit different--Read: hi-tech looking.
If this gun retains the quality that Colt had, it would be a great pocket/IWB gun.
My Mustang has been flawless for the 25+ years I have owned and carried it.

I realize there is a recall out, but bad components from a vendor happens to the best of us.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Interesting that Sig has 2 P238's. Mine is an older [maybe 12 years] gun in 9mm, with doubble/single action trigger. It is a 12 round mag. and dot sights.

Just thought I would share that with you.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Interesting that Sig has 2 P238's. Mine is an older [maybe 12 years] gun in 9mm, with doubble/single action trigger. It is a 12 round mag. and dot sights.

Just thought I would share that with you.

Best wishes.
Thats a P228...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Before you buy a Sig 238, please note that this weapon is single action only.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before you buy a Sig 238, please note that this weapon is single action only.
Yes, is as the Mustang
BTW, they have the Colt Mk80 safety, which blocks the firing pin unless the trigger is held back. It can be carried with one in the chamber.
The only reason I am mentioning this in the first place, is many on this website regard the Mustang as being a very reliable gun, however, discontinued. The Sig looks like a viable alternative.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I think they are neat little niche guns.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
They are a very sophisticated "classier" looking .380. Handling them shows the true workmanship and world class production that is Sig Sauer.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I was in the local gun store yesterday, and I got into a discussion about my Colt Mustang. The counter man said it has been copied by Sieg so its back on the market, so to speak.
I looked it up on their website and the specifications and dimensions are the same. The exterior look a bit different--Read: hi-tech looking.
If this gun retains the quality that Colt had, it would be a great pocket/IWB gun.My Mustang has been flawless for the 25+ years I have owned and carried it.
I realize there is a recall out, but bad components from a vendor happens to the best of us.
The P238 has taken the proverbial "Beatdown" from critics on a couple of gun boards. :frown:

From what pictures I've seen posted by owners it appears that SIG
did NOT make a "clone" of the Colt Mustang but rather a "sloppy
copy. " :icon_neutral:

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
The P238 has taken the proverbial "Beatdown" from critics on a couple of gun boards. :frown:

Sig bought the design from Colt.
"Sloppy copy?" Mine is 100% reliable, looks good, and cost less than a used Mustang. It's smaller than my PM-9, more fun to shoot than a LCP. What's not to like?

With 1000's of people on gun forums, anything you post will be "beaten down" by someone. The trick is to separate the BS'ers from the real owners.

·
Registered
571 Posts
They are a very sophisticated "classier" looking .380. Handling them shows the true workmanship and world class production that is Sig Sauer.
I handled one for the first time in person today and, on my first impression, I must agree. It has a much better feel than the Ruger LCP or .380 KelTecs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had mine for two months now and love the gun. It is very easy to carry and so much fun to shoot. Only downside is the 380 ammo prices.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I've had mine for two months now and love the gun. It is very easy to carry and so much fun to shoot. Only downside is the 380 ammo prices.
i wish they would start making all these 380s into 9x18 makarov,a little more power and cheaper ammo

·
Registered
372 Posts
The early problems caused the beat down. When you make say 4000 flawed products that happens. Lets add the fact that there was very little support after the purchase. Then try waiting about 5 weeks on a replacement. Yea I bought a Sig not a taurus. Add all the customer emails and phone calls never returned.

The gun itself is a good product. It just needs to be reliable before they try to make it in 28 flavors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The early problems caused the beat down. When you make say 4000 flawed products that happens. Lets add the fact that there was very little support after the purchase. Then try waiting about 5 weeks on a replacement. Yea I bought a Sig not a taurus. Add all the customer emails and phone calls never returned.

The gun itself is a good product. It just needs to be reliable before they try to make it in 28 flavors.

Are you speaking from personal experience or just parroting what you have read?

I bought one a month ago and it has been 100% reliable and very accurate. 500 rds and not one issue.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Are you speaking from personal experience or just parroting what you have read?
Personal experience. I paid a little over $630 for the blackwood when it came out. I had a thread about my P238. The new one has "only" had 6 failures out the last 200 rounds. I'm going to keep running it until I know it won't break in. Just kind of hard to do with the lack of available ammo.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like my sig p238. Always in my back pocket. Everyday. Even carry an extra mag. So it's really 12 plus 1. My only worry is that I might wear it out from shooting it so much.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts

If those boards were the Sig forum, than I would take them with a grain of salt. I have never been around more whiners and nay sayers in my life.

If your Sig was not made from 93 or earlier with the made in Germany stamp, it's a piece of junk. I love when you hear their rhetoric and the P250 won two handgun of the year awards!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts