Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pictures will have to come later. I just got back in from a gunshow where I found what I was looking for at a price I could not pass up. In April I bought my first Sig - a P239 in 9mm. Fantastic pistol. Then while doing some more looking into Sigs and researching ammo I determined that I wanted a P239 in 357Sig as well. I have checked around and just haven't found many and none at good prices. Today I was just looking at Sigs and there it was right in front of me. In the box with Hogue grips just like the ones I put on my 9mm. And the price was lower than I expected by a good bit.

I quickly examined the pistol and found it to be in better shape than my 9mm which is in great shape. And beside the Hogue grips (originals in the box) it has factory install Siglite night sights.

The dealer is someone I have dealt with several times before and has always sold me quality goods. He and I agreed from the wear on the barrel that the pistol has not been fired very much. It is is great shape. I even asked him if the marked price was right and he said yes. So I came home with a new Sig. I will do some shooting tomorrow afternoon and then try to get pictures Monday.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Excellent George - that is, pretty much it seems, a stroke of luck. Good price too makes it even sweeter.

Be interested to hear your impressions when you get to shoot it - I have given much thought to that cal and even .40 but so far have resisted. I can of course still put the 220 in my rig and tote .45acp so - some options for a larger cal.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Nice pistol....
have one in .40 with a .357 Sig bbl....
both shoot comfortably....
pistol is "top heavy" so recoil is not a problem...

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Congrats on the new Sig!

I'm looking forward to your pictures.

·
Super Moderator
25,605 Posts
Sounds like you got a sweet deal. Enjoy it and let us know if it shoots as well as the 9mm. I've heard rumor the 357 is better.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congrats! Looking forward to the pics.

·
Super Moderator
18,161 Posts
Yeah let us know how it shoots....

I've got the 239 in .40 cal. I've considered getting a .357 Sig barrel for it just because...

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just decided to compare the width of the .357 mags to the 9mm. I have a 9mm mag carrier on order from Kevin at K&D and I was wondering if I needed to order another for the .357. I pulled the second mag from the box and it is still sealed in the plastic bag. Even more evidence that this pistol has been shot very little. The previous owner never even opened the second mag.

After checking I decided that I probably do need to order a second carrier, but since Kevin is in the midst of a move I'll just wait until he gets settled into new quarters.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Awesome gun. When I was originally looking for my 1st handgun/ccw piece I had narrowed it down to two choices. A SIG 239 or a GLOCK 26. I chose the GLOCK but am now selling it to get a SIG in 40cal.

My brother-in-law is also looking for a 9mm 239. We rented one at the range and He really liked it. He is going to sell his XD to get his SIG. I can't decide between the 226, 229, or 239. Mine will be for occasional carry so either will work fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts