Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the course of dry firing last night after coming home from the range, before taking the pistol down to give it a good cleaning the trigger stopped resetting. I figured it was most likley the trigger bar spring and opened the right panel grip off and here are the pics - I'm just trying to figure out where the trigger bar spring goes.

Here is before taking the grips off:

And here is after I carefully popped the grips off:

As you can see the gun still functions in SA, however doesn't reset to DA. In this condition it will still fire if you manually cock the hammer.

Also, more importantly. What would cause it to come off? Is this something I should have Sig take a look at? Just got the gun last week, and have only put about 250 rounds through it, and dry fired it probably around 300 times or so.

·
Registered
564 Posts
My P239 SAS is slightly different internally, but the trigger bar spring goes into the notch (I just opened it up to check).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just a bit concerned about why it would come out of the notch then? Rubbing against the grips possibly? Is this perhaps just part of the usual Sig break-in period?

This is going to be my primary CCW weapon, so just trying to figure out whether or not I need to send it back to Sig Sauer to have them look it over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts