Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe a question better suited for a Sig forum, but I'm having good luck on this one so far!

I've read that some people get a P320/250 in the Compact size, then put the longer compact slide on a SC grip when they need something smaller.

Does anyone here do that?

Some say the gun is too top heavy with this configuration, but even with the SC grip I would probably still use the Compact magazine so I get the full grip instead of a hanging pinky. This would keep the same grip length as the compact but it would be thinner than the compact grip.

Under these circumstances, is the gun balance still top heavy and weird, or is the configuration ok?

If it is a weird configuation, I'd probably just get the SC gun with the shorter slide so the gun is balanced.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I had a couple different combos for my P250. I started with a SC 9mm. I found I carried it with the 15rd mag and extension sleeve so much, I ordered a compact grip and trimmed the rail to fit the shorter slide. The SC frame will fit even the FS slide. Here's my FS 45 slide on the SC frame.

IMG_1511.jpg

Sig made a run of P320's that were FS slides on compact frames, which is probably the combo I would go with if I were to get another of that platform.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
320C slide on SC frame would be cool but what holster?
I carried in a hybrid IWB with an open muzzle end so it could accommodate such variances.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
The frame will be a little long when a compact grip/frame is used on a SC slide but you can cut it back and smooth the edge . Been done . OR just use X grip on the compact mags for the same effect less the tac rail .

Holsters . Use a compact p320 holster if you use a railed frame as it really does not matter if a SC no rail pistol is in it or not if its well made it will work . A p320 compact only .30 longer than a sub compact model .

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish. My recommendation based on my experience is get the P320 Carry. It just works! I like it so much I am probably going to buy another one if I can talk myself into selling one of my other guns. So far no luck! The P320 Carry is really nice and mine eats everything. It is a joy to carry and a joy to shoot, .40 cal. 320CA-40-BSS

Reactions: SIGP250

·
Registered
102 Posts
Holsters . Use a compact p320 holster if you use a railed frame as it really does not matter if a SC no rail pistol is in it or not if its well made it will work . A p320 compact only .30 longer than a sub compact model .
The only thing is that the trigger guards of the compact and subcompact are shaped differently and that is the retention point on a kydex holster. Can anyone confirm that a compact slide on a subcompact frame will work in a compact holster or would I need a subcompact holster with an open end to accommodate the longer slide?

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Rail not rail on factory frames too . The added rail height to the nose of the pistol changes what other holsters a compact and larger will fit , p320 SC will fit well in a m&p9c holster . A compact in a m&p full size ill not happen . Trigger guard different can affect some fitment issues but lots of handguns can function well in holsters for other handguns . Work was a p320 railed compact and larger would work in some XD holsters . !!?? Not tried that one .

Any how . I can carry my wifes p250 SC no rail in several of my p320 holsters just fine as the indent is still inside the trigger guard . I have also tried my wifes sub compact frame on my p320 compact and it carry's just fine in my compact holster too . Tried it in a mitch rozen owb a friend has too .

Brands of holsters are garrett , comp-tac .

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of trimming a spare compact medium grip to fit SC magazines and running it on my compact slide- it would conceals better and will fit my existing holsters. The dust cover would still be full length and I'd keep the pic rail.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Am I the only one confused by this thread? What are we trying to accomplish? Maybe my reading skills are just off this morning from a hangover :). IMHO the compact slide offers the most versiltily- keep it in compact mode and have a Glock19 ish size. For $39 buy a sub compact frame(they now make them with rail or without, your choice), and now you have a M&Pcompact. For another $39 buy a carry frame, and you have a full grip, HKP30 size. And all frames come in three sizes, so you can go thin or thick. That is the beauty of the compact slide P320!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took a left turn. Surprised myself and decided to get an HK p30sk instead. I like the light double-action trigger, the slide release, the short barrel, and it seems like a higher quality firearm than the Sig. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Hopefully you also learned to spend more time doing more research before asking questions , like the grip swap questions that could have been found at sig talk along with photos . OR renting a couple to help refine your choice's so you never have to surprise your self again !!

Not a fan of the p30 series after shooting it along with a fns and p320 at a local range from there rental gun fleet . I would have taken a fns over a p3o too .

Good luck and like you Just an opinion too .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Although I got the HK, thanks to those who answered my question about the balance of the p320 compact slide on a subcompact frame. Sounds like it is not terribly imbalanced.

FYI - I rented 23 different guns before making a decision and wrote a separate post about my experiences. Was not planning to shoot the p30 because years ago I did not like any HK I had fired. My tastes have apparently changed, and I'm glad I tried it out along with the VP9 a friend urged me to shoot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts