Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that the Sig P320 will be launched in my country soon and I've read comments that the stock Sig P320 trigger is as a good as Glocks or M&P's with aftermarket ones so I'm getting interested.

If you own one, how to you rate it's overall quality especially in terms of finish or perceived durability? Would you say that it's on par with Glocks or even better?

In my opinion, both Glocks and M&P's shoot very well but the Glock overall finish feels slightly higher than M&P. So I'm curious where the Sig P320 will be between the 2 famous brands.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I like the P320 trigger over the Glock hands down. I also prefer the ergos over the Glock. The ability to switch calibers or grip frames is a big plus for me too. As to reliability, it's a Sig, so that isn't an issue at all. Good luck.

Reactions: Kennydale

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
I really do like the Sig P320 line. I have shot them at a range Demo (10 rounds full size & 10 Rounds in Carry configuration). I own 3 Glocks and carry daily a G17 gen 4. I carry all day every day in a Kydex AIWB holster. I don't shoot competition, but I do draw practice for 15 minutes about 2-3 times a week
G17a.jpg .
G17b.jpg
G17c.jpg

I am happy with the coating on the Glock gen 4's
(I have been carrying this regularly for almost 1 1/2 years)

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
..how to you rate it's overall quality especially in terms of finish or perceived durability? Would you say that it's on par with Glocks or even better?
I currently own two of those mentioned & have spent time around all three. I have never once even HEARD a rumor of any of them being "worn-out" by round-count. I also have only rarely & recently heard of a minor finish-durability issue (GLOCK) and those are mostly whining comparisons to the almost bulletproof old Tenifer treatment. IMHO, it's a comPLETE jump ball by your criteria. All things considered, get the P320 (just for fun).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Can't speak for the Glock, but I love my P320 and am looking to pick up another one. Great trigger, fit and finish.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Jacoby Try some searches on google and you tube videos then shoot what you can to help YOU decide what you like . Seeing where you are maybe a Armscor RIA 1911 TCM or MAPP in 22tcm and a 9mm barrel would be the way to go .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys! Unfortunately, we don't get a chance to rent or try out a gun unless say a friend has one and I get to borrow it. And many times, they are the ones who test shoot my guns. The Sig P320 will cost 30% higher than say my Glock 19 so I like to research a bit more and I appreciate feedback from everyone. I'm a lefty by the way so full ambi is a big plus. My M&P's do have full ambi controls but I noticed that slide release seem too recessed to be useful.

Btw, I've read last year that P320's tend to have trigger bite. Any truth to this? I had a Sig P229 before and experienced trigger bite once. But I recall that it was like twice out of almost 1000 rounds and I don't even recall how it happened. And I really liked my Sig's SRT trigger system for fast follow up shots.

In terms of safety, since the Sig P320 doesn't have the Glock "safety", how secure do you feel for chambered IWB carry?

Lastly, if you are familiar with Sig, Glock, and M&P controls, what are some aspects you like with your Sig the most? Is it really the trigger system? I'm mainly interested in the Sig P320 compact as it's sized like my G19.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I like the P320. I just finished some range time with a friend, shooting a few different SIGs. The P320 was one of them. I didn't experience any trigger bite, but he installed a flat trigger on his, which is very nice, I'll do the same if I get one. I'm strongly considering adding a P320 to my firearms battery. I'm a big fan of a G19, but I say the P320 is just as good in many ways.

If you want to hear more about my experience with the P320, you might want to listen to this, Handgun World Podcast | Episode 383 ? Shooting and Talking SIG Pistols with Jeff from Sachse, TX

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
All three of the guns you mentioned are at the top of the high quality semi-auto pistols. Hard to go wrong with any of them. The one thing with Sigs that I don't particularly care for is their rather high bore axis. I like a low bore axis and of the three you mentioned, the Glock has the lowest. However, the M&P's are very easy to get used to and are very accurate (I have quite a few M&P's).

Still, it's what works best for you. I see that the P320 is a DAO design and that is the action type I insist on in all of my carry guns.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I have great confidence in the reiability of my Sig P938 and 2 Sig P238.

The reliability of my P320 has been terrible to date. Now I will add that I just received it back from the second return of this gun from Sig and I'm hopeful it will be fixed. I already know they again disregarded my notes that the problem occurs after more than 50 rounds are fired. I know this because my note was typed into their work order, next to their note that they fired 50 rounds with no problem ( but they did remove a burr somewhere). So we'll see.

The Sig night sight also had failed, and they did replace that. But the gun is still only 6 months old

Many others have perfect reliability with their P320's in 9 mm. Mine is a .45 carry model. The trigger and accuracy are excellent when the gun fires.

I would consider a Sig P320 in 9 mm. I would not recommend a Sig P320 in .45.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Love, love, love the P320. Just bought my third. Flawless performance of my full size 40 and Compact 9

Led me to acquire the third, a Carry 40.

G19 and G23 are good pistols, but the P320 feels MUCH better to me and keeps the Glocks languishing in the dark safe.

Reactions: BearRunner

·
Registered
475 Posts
320 highly recommended. Great pistol. Mine is 9mm and has been 100 percent reliable and is my primary carry gun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would you say that the P320 compact is closer to the Glock 19 in terms of overall feel?

Which size do you prefer as an all around piece, the P320 compact or the P320 carry?

Love, love, love the P320. Just bought my third. Led me to acquire the third, a Carry 40.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I've owned Glocks and a P320 compact. For me, I prefer the ergonomics and trigger of the P320, plus you can change grip sizes (S-M-L and subcompact through full-sized) to fit your needs and preferences. In my hands, the P320 is much more accurate than any 9mm Glock I've owned. So, if I had to chose between the two, it would be the SIG.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Would you say that the P320 compact is closer to the Glock 19 in terms of overall feel?

Which size do you prefer as an all around piece, the P320 compact or the P320 carry?
The P320 Compact is similar in size to a G19, but with a MUCH different feel. The G19 feels really cramped to me as compared to the P320.

As an all around carry piece, I find the Carry and the Compact so close (only 1/2" difference in grip height) that the difference is pretty insignificant in terms of how it carries. My hand fits well on the Compact, so I don't NEED that extra 1/2" for comfort. But I do appreciate the extra round in .40S&W (2 rounds in 9mm) that the Carry grip frame offers. Alternately, one could choose the Compact model and use the longer mags with an insert to fill the gap.

I'd say if your hand is not too big for the Compact, that grip frame offers more versatility than the Carry grip frame does. If your hand is a little cramped with the Compact, definitely go with the Carry.

Reactions: Jacoby

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
mine is the 250C same frame as a 320 but I like over the Glocks and MPs, the one I think is better at least for me is the VP line from HK.

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
Gramps and I have several Glocks in different calibers and sizes. Some of them have been shot a lot - many thousands of rounds. None of them shows any metal-to-metal scraping wear. He has a P30 that shoots really well but after several hundred rounds it is showing a very significant amount of met-to-metal wear inside the slide/frame area. Take that for what it might be worth.

Note: Until now we have used Frog Lube on almost all of our guns. Frog Lube is a non-oil all in one CLP product. Gramps is switching to one of the two CLP oil/grease products recommended by SIG and hoping it will stop that excess metal wear. This switch is recent so can't report on whether it will help or not.

·
Registered
197 Posts
All three of the guns you mentioned are at the top of the high quality semi-auto pistols. Hard to go wrong with any of them. The one thing with Sigs that I don't particularly care for is their rather high bore axis. I like a low bore axis and of the three you mentioned, the Glock has the lowest. However, the M&P's are very easy to get used to and are very accurate (I have quite a few M&P's).

Still, it's what works best for you. I see that the P320 is a DAO design and that is the action type I insist on in all of my carry guns.
I've never had a problem with the higher bore axis on Sigs up to .40 s&w. Hot .45 ACP though...yeah I feel a difference for sure.

Full disclosure: I haven't shot a polymer Sig, so I probably can't give a valid opinion. Just thought of that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts