Defensive Carry banner

How's your P365 running?

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
CLASS3NH said:
Customer of mine had broken trigger reset after 54 rounds. Got the gun back, repaired and the trigger spring snapped off again. Trigger wouldn't reset..
Another customer of mine had his 365 fail after 487 rounds. Light firing pin strikes. He took it to Sig, had it "repaired" and then took it out again on the range. (He's a retired Texas State LEO) Same issues with a light striker problem... He traded it for a Glock 43
Wow. That stinks.

Reactions: MMinSC

·
Registered
399 Posts
Or practice with 400 and save the last 86 good ones for possible self defense.
Wasn't that a Horror movie- "Round 487"? :danceban:

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
The trick is to get to 488 rounds.
Ok, I get it now, after reading the other threads. I am not worried, and I do have primer drag. I have seen and owned other pistols that do the drag too.

There have been some broken strikers, but who will ever know the failure rate. As the population keeps going up, so too will the failures.
And as the internet goes, you usually hear of the ones that don’t work more than the ones that do.

I did have to cook up defense rounds specifically for the 365. At first I tried some loads I run my full size CZ and wow, super flat primer! Only shot a couple and went back to weaker target loads.
The chamber is longer but tighter than my CZ. Those same hot loads look fine after coming out of my 228.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I don't know the exact round count on mine but it has performed flawless thus far. My brother in law and I put it through a few hundred rounds and heated the little pistol up quite a bit back in October...again no failures. It has been accurate, reliable and a breeze to carry....and I carry it everywhere. I truly think the P365 issues have been overblown on the internet.

·
Banned
134 Posts
The Sig P365 (and the P320) continue to prove the nay-sayers wrong. Well except for MAC. He just can't seem to catch a break. Maybe he should let someone else pick the P365 for him to test. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
23 NOV 18 build date; 476 rounds of all types of ammo with zero malfunctions. I have twice failed to get a 12 + 1 magazine fully seated, but I consider that on me.

·
Banned
134 Posts
Are you posting just to post? You just cant seem to get your story straight here. Prior to me showing you that the p320 is easy to find, you said Sig couldnt keep up with the demand, now all of a sudden you think Im the one that is surprised that a gun thats been on the market for a while is easy to find? :confused:

As far as the 365 specifically, once again, new guns always fly off the shelves. When glock releases a new color option for a gun that has been out for several years, it is hard to find for a while. Youre not going to impress anyone with any significant amount of time around the gun industry by talking about the lack of availability of a new gun. Especially a gun like the 365 given its high capacity for its size. However, we all know that eventually, the supply and demand will level out. I dont pay attention to whats going on at the production level at Sig. Its expected that as a company continues to make more products, they will need more room to make those products, so maybe you are right that they are planning to open a new factory. I havent researched it and dont intend to, but I'll take your word for it. However to think Sig would build a whole new factory just to catch the supply up to the demand on the p365 would be a horrible financial decision on their part.

I'm sorry, I seemed to have missed your post. What you have done is called conflation. In this case you conflated 3 posts, on 2 different guns. I'll go slower for you. See Sig Sauer has a gun. They call it the P320. It has proven itself to be a very good gun and continues to enjoy great success, being adopted by many many governments.

Sig Sauer has another gun. They call this one the P365. It was released a few years after the P320. Both guns share a concept: striker fired guns, with polymer frames.

Because the P320 is so successful, along with the P365 being a new gun that remains in high demand, Sig struggles to keep up with production. Sig Sauer stated they are working on building a gun to increase production of two very popular guns.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine goes bang every time. Haven’t counted accurately but she has over 500 rds easily. I’m looking forward to the manual safety version showing up in my LGS or my local big box sporting goods store...either way.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Uh-oh. Only 12 more rounds to go....
So, went to the range today to shoot my EDC HST load 12+1. I fired 12 and guess what? The 13th fired as well, as did the next 150 rounds of Herter's FMJ.

After after attaching a Crimson Trace laser grip and co-witnessing to the Xray sights, I also discovered as suspected at 7 yards it shoots about 3" below POA. I neglected to take the adjustment tool with me to the range but did the best I could at home to lower the laser POA by 3". Back to the range first opportunity to see how close to zero I am.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
So, went to the range today to shoot my EDC HST load 12+1. I fired 12 and guess what? The 13th fired as well, as did the next 150 rounds of Herter's FMJ.
No, say it's not so!

400 rounds of Fiocchi FMJ 115 gr. through mine with no malfs. 02/2019 mfr.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm now past 2K rounds through mine (build date 7/18) and the main issue I've had is learning to position my hands to avoid the slide lock lever. My FS is dimmer than when new and I'll need to contact SIG about a replacement. Overall I'm extremely happy with my P365.
If I'm not mistaken, my wife's 365 came with a replacement optic for the front sight. Then again, I'm old, and I may be remembering my Kimber. You might do well to check the box carefully to see if it's lodged in there somewhere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Build date 06 Nov 2018
500 + rounds
100 + dry fires
Runs like a well maintained clock. Goes bang every time a round is in the chamber.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts