Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got to love how fast Vedder's turn around time is.

I'm loving this raptor brown even more in person. Pictures don't do it justice.

Anyway, P365 is officially clear for duty and wanted to show off the new holster rig. I'm a big fan of this "raptor brown" color. I'll definitely order it again. :smilegrin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Indeed. 11th post in 5 years, I'm honored you used one to inquired into my southpawness. :tongue:
Love my Vedder holsters and have been thinking about picking up a P365, but was trying to figure out how you were carrying yours.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love my Vedder holsters and have been thinking about picking up a P365, but was trying to figure out how you were carrying yours.

LOL no worries, it's a curse sometimes. For example, I haven't used a slide release to drop a mag in my own carry guns in years. I always slingshot it. Even when it's one with an ambi release, it's just second nature at this point. lol

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nice job in picking out the pistol & holster. Both have been first rate for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a P365 owner and a lefty too. Love the gun. There is a way to change the mag release but haven't done it yet...

·
Premium Member
3,959 Posts
Never quite understood why the color of an IWB holster made any difference. I guess I could say the same about my gunbelts since I am always untucked when wearing one. I've heard good things about the Vedders but prefer my leather.

5W8YrWs.jpg

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never quite understood why the color of an IWB holster made any difference. I guess I could say the same about my gunbelts since I am always untucked when wearing one. I've heard good things about the Vedders but prefer my leather.

View attachment 301432
I like leather too but have yet to take the plunge. If I went leather, i definitely want something nice.

The color was just to do something different. Black was getting boring. :smile:

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
The color was just to do something different. Black was getting boring. :smile:
I have a couple Vedder IWB holsters in colors and the reason is to tell the difference between which holster goes with which gun when I have more than one gun which is close to the same size. WELL, except for the one that is FDE to match the gun itself.

I shoot left handed also.

Reactions: Rooster

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have tried so many times to buy a different color, but just can't do it LOL.

Kydex = Black

Leather = Brown

That raptor color is pretty slick.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have tried so many times to buy a different color, but just can't do it LOL.

Kydex = Black

Leather = Brown

That raptor color is pretty slick.
LOL my last 6 kydex holsters were black. I don't do the funky colors but this one spoke to me for some reason.

I know what you mean that you just can't do it, I had to force myself not to contact Vedder after I placed my order to change it. Glad I went with it, for in person I really love it and will probably stick with it in the future.

·
Registered
34,632 Posts

Now you're just trying to run up your post count.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Rooster and Astom22

·
Registered
554 Posts
I started out with leather IWB holsters from FIST....but being a lefty I have to special order every holster and that can take a while. I've shifted over to kydex for most of my pistols (can't find an affordable lefty kydex for my SP101 3"). From a practical standpoint, I like the kydex better. I get a more positive "click" when I holster and it is thinner and lighter and therefore more comfortable.

The one thing that really prompted me to move over to kydex though was a post here about a guy's old leather holster folding up into his trigger guard when he sat in his truck resulting in him shooting himself in the leg. At that point I starting thinking I should try kydex out.

Oh, and I use different colors on my kydex to quickly find which holsters fit which pistols.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts