Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking at the p365 with the manual safety. The main reason I want a safety is because Im looking to pocket carry without a holster or carry iwb with the soft nylon holster for comfort. Would you carry a gun with a manual safety in the pocket without a holster or iwb with the soft nylon holster? There would be a round in the chamber. Im just trying to think if this is a safe idea or if I just should stick with kydex/leather holsters for iwb and pocket carry. But if I do that, then I feel no need for a manual safety. What’s your opinion?

·
Registered
46,199 Posts
A pocket holster will keep your gun in a fixed position. The manual safety is a personal choice.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
I never suggest no holster or crap holster carry its a good way to blow something you like very much off .. Never ever trust a Safty they can fail get turned on or off by accident etc ... The only gun I might might carry is a J frame with a clip grip but even then I would be worried a bit ..

Get a no safty model and a good holster and be happy I say

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never suggest no holster or crap holster carry its a good way to blow something you like very much off .. Never ever trust a Safty they can fail get turned on or off by accident etc ... The only gun I might might carry is a J frame with a clip grip but even then I would be worried a bit ..

Get a no safty model and a good holster and be happy I say
This is what I was thinking. That the safety would just make me more relaxed and something would happen. Does anyone have a p365-ms where the safety accidentally came off?

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
Always holster. I wouldn't hesitate to pocket carry a DA gun, but some of the striker fired short pull pistols make me nervous for pocket carry. All about choice.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Always holster. I wouldn't hesitate to pocket carry a DA gun, but some of the striker fired short pull pistols make me nervous for pocket carry. All about choice.
+2. I'm not gonna pocket carry a short pull striker w/ no safety unless it's in a good kydex pocket holster. Just me, but I wouldn't carry the 365 w/ safety without a good holster either.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Ive been looking at the p365 with the manual safety. The main reason I want a safety is because Im looking to pocket carry without a holster or carry iwb with the soft nylon holster for comfort. Would you carry a gun with a manual safety in the pocket without a holster or iwb with the soft nylon holster? There would be a round in the chamber. Im just trying to think if this is a safe idea or if I just should stick with kydex/leather holsters for iwb and pocket carry. But if I do that, then I feel no need for a manual safety. What’s your opinion?
I have but one firearm type for which I use a separate frame mounted/grip safety (all my 1911’s).
I Absolutely do not use a firearm with a safety otherwise.

I’m military trained and way more. But I take the message in this video to heart.When was the last time you saw an external or internal separately operated safety on any revolver? The revolver is arguably one of the most frequently carried pocket guns of all time. Mechanical safeties can always fail. YOU are the final say on being safe.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I pocket carry a P365ms in an Alabama brand pocket holster comfortably very frequently. Without the holster the gun gets turned sideways and is hard to get out of my pocket. Super slow draw.

I have been carrying this pistol in the pocket holster or a Vedder AIWB holster for over two years and the safety has never been accidentally moved. Both holsters protect the lever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,765 Posts
I carry my P365 MS in a Sticky pocket holster with one in the pipe and the safety on. The safety does not seem prone to being accidentally disengaged. You actually have to be pretty intentional about disengaging the safety when you want to, which is something you should be aware of. If you want more safety, I would go with a Kydex holster that covers the safety, but I haven't seen the need.

Some people carry striker fired guns in their pocket with no safety. I am pretty much a stickler for safety on striker guns, but I feel comfortable with it as I carry it. As with anything to do with guns, just practice a lot with a dry gun and make sure you have your manual of arms down cold.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The safety on the 365 requires quite positive action to engage and disengage and doesn’t seem likely to disengage accidentally. Additionally, you have the trigger safety as well.

I carry my 365 in a Milt Sparks summer special 2 ( IWB ) which I recently purchased; but prior to owning that holster I pocket carried the 365 in a DeSantis pocket holster. A few reasons for NOT carrying without a holster: pocket lint, a coin or keys in your pocket could jam in your trigger, the gun tends to spin upside down without a holster.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Chevy 50 Buy or make a holster for your pocket and use it . You want the barrel to stay down and the safety to stay engaged and the likely hood of that is limited with out a holster . A pocket holster cab be slightly loose too . Excitement of a high stress moment could also cause you to fire that pistol on the draw since your hand will be full engaging the pistol on just the grip .

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
Occasionally I carry my P365 (non safety version) in my right front pocket in an Alabama pocket holster. Does not work with all my pants or shorts but does work with some.
Works great with all of my pants. My P365 is also the non safety version. I also use a generic pocket holster that’s equally effective with semiautos and revolvers.

·
Registered
474 Posts
For the past three years I have used a Sig P-365MS for my EDC.

As a combat engineer in RVN I carried a 1911 .45ACP on a daily basis. Though a rifle was usually available nearby, I rarely carried one. Due to habit and familiarity, my first carry weapon as a civilian was a Colt Combat Elite 1911 .45ACP. Sometime in the late 80s I began carrying a Browning Hi-Power 9MM instead of the 1911. A few years ago I briefly (very briefly) carried a Sig P229 Legion 9MM (DA/SA) as a daily carry weapon but, after 40 years of carrying handguns with a manual safety, I never liked the DA/SA P229 as an EDC. I love the weapon itself and it now sees duty as my bedside table handgun.

As soon as the P365MS came out I tried it and instantly adopted it as my EDC. I liked its size, profile, capacity, smooth action, accuracy, and mechanical safety..

I like the action of the mechanical safety. It is crisp and positive with a definite "click" when it is engaged or disengaged. It is easy to take off safe with the side of my right thumb when the pistol is drawn. I have never had an occasion in which I have drawn the pistol and failed to disengage the safety as I was engaging my intended target. I have never had the safety disengage without my positive action and intention to disengage the safety. I carry it in a Bianchi leather AIWB holster. When I holster the weapon in the morning and remove it at night I have a habit of clicking the safety off and on a few times just for muscle memory maintenance. The habit also assures me that the safety is engaged.

I have carried the pistol in my coat pocket (Carhart work coats and jackets) a few times without a holster but only on my property. I can not foresee myself carrying the weapon in a pocket off my property.

I still have every handgun I ever purchased, including the previoulsy mentioned Colts and Brownings, but I carry the P365MS more than 95% of the time.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
For the past three years I have used a Sig P-365MS for my EDC.

As a combat engineer in RVN I carried a 1911 .45ACP on a daily basis. Though a rifle was usually available nearby, I rarely carried one. Due to habit and familiarity, my first carry weapon as a civilian was a Colt Combat Elite 1911 .45ACP. Sometime in the late 80s I began carrying a Browning Hi-Power 9MM instead of the 1911. A few years ago I briefly (very briefly) carried a Sig P229 Legion 9MM (DA/SA) as a daily carry weapon but, after 40 years of carrying handguns with a manual safety, I never liked the DA/SA P229 as an EDC. I love the weapon itself and it now sees duty as my bedside table handgun.

As soon as the P365MS came out I tried it and instantly adopted it as my EDC. I liked its size, profile, capacity, smooth action, accuracy, and mechanical safety..

I like the action of the mechanical safety. It is crisp and positive with a definite "click" when it is engaged or disengaged. It is easy to take off safe with the side of my right thumb when the pistol is drawn. I have never had an occasion in which I have drawn the pistol and failed to disengage the safety as I was engaging my intended target. I have never had the safety disengage without my positive action and intention to disengage the safety. I carry it in a Bianchi leather AIWB holster. When I holster the weapon in the morning and remove it at night I have a habit of clicking the safety off and on a few times just for muscle memory maintenance. The habit also assures me that the safety is engaged.

I have carried the pistol in my coat pocket (Carhart work coats and jackets) a few times without a holster but only on my property. I can not foresee myself carrying the weapon in a pocket off my property.

I still have every handgun I ever purchased, including the previoulsy mentioned Colts and Brownings, but I carry the P365MS more than 95% of the time.
First off, I’ll say to you what I say to ALL the ‘Nam vets I see at the VA for my own appointments: WELCOME HOME. Job well done.

Having said that, I presume this is you?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Having said that, I presume this is you?
No, that's not me. LOL There was far more ammunition expended in that brief video clip than I consumed during fourteen months in-country. Though I sometimes crapped in the woods along with the grunts, I was more predictably doing mine sweeps, building roads, repairing culverts, or rearranging dirt.

Thank you for YOUR service.

·
Premium Member
7,413 Posts
No, that's not me. LOL There was far more ammunition expended in that brief video clip than I consumed during fourteen months in-country. Though I sometimes crapped in the woods along with the grunts, I was more predictably doing mine sweeps, building roads, repairing culverts, or rearranging dirt.

Thank you for YOUR service.
You’re the hero. I was an overgrown Boy Scout running around the woods of the Pacific Northwest with an M-16, yelling BANG, because there was no funding for blanks. The heroes when I served were my buddies that didn’t come home from Grenada, Beirut, Korea (DMZ engagements) and Panama. But thanks for your kind word.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts