Defensive Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my initial idea was to go purchase a Kimber R7 Mako tomorrow, however no gun store around me has any. No problem, got in contact with one gun store in particular and he told me that they have plenty of SIG P365s in stock. Mainly the P365 XLs with or without the Romeo Zero red dots. I figure I'd purchase the one with the red dot installed; any of you guys own or has owned the P365 XL? I'd love to hear some of you guys experiences.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love mine. I have both but I prefer the xl. It fits my hands better than the 365. I only have about 250-300 rounds through it so far and it's been flawless. Shoots very nice and easy to conceal.

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I have not shot the XL but I do have a lot of rounds through my standard P365. Great little pistol that is easy to shoot accurately and conceals easily. I'm sure you will like the XL version.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have several. The XL fits my hand well with a full grip, points well, shoots very well, and is easy to carry. I like all of the variants in the P365 family.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I have two 365s and a 365XL. The 365 is great for pocket carry. I never pocket carried a primary firearm until I got the 365. The 365XL mostly sits in the safe. I feel there are better options for owb than the 365XL.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
We , a , wife has a p365xl no optic and its accurate and really has a great striker 4lb 8oz trigger . But the grip is small for me and even though my wife is only 5-2 she placed the xl in the gun safe last week and took out her old CC a m&p9c that has a couple minor apex upgrades - striker block and spring only to serve as her back up option depending on where we go with one + 5 mag extention on back up mag . Her primary carry carrys a kimber 1911 ultra 9mm with thin grips and short trigger with 2 extra 10 round mags over the last 4 years .

Not a fan of the romeo sights specially the mini model . Holosun 507k gr x2 would be my pick as I really like the 507c gr x2 I have one a M&P and I like green circle dot or circle only for general carry needs and I see green better than red in all light comditions over red .

The p365xl is a great pistol for most smaller people or as a dedicated primary carry .

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I’ve got a 365 and I put the fcu into an XL grip module. I was always carrying it anyway with the extended pinky extension mag. I like the shorter barrel for IWB carry 1:30.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Yep as the 365 is like the 320 ie the serial part is the FCU you can just get whatever size you want and get a smaller grip frame etc ..

They are good guns I like the normal size one and I kinda of like the bullseye sights as a point gun

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I bought a basic P365 XL over a year ago and it is part of my secondary carry stable. Nice gun and does have a decent place in one's carry inventory.

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
I am quite happy with my P365XL. I shoot it well, it's reliable and carries easily. The standard 365 was just a mite small for my hands, but the 365XL seems custom made for me.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I’ve got a 365 and I put the fcu into an XL grip module. I was always carrying it anyway with the extended pinky extension mag. I like the shorter barrel for IWB carry 1:30.

^^This^^ I did the same thing.

Reactions: Arejay
1 - 11 of 11 Posts