Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
I got a chance to shoot a sig pro 2022 9mm today and was quite impressed with it. It was more accurate than I was, it wasn't nearly as satisifing as shooting my Colt XSE, but it was nice:blink:
Heres what it is, for those who don't know
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=41183525

I was suprised, the polymear frame pistol put a smile on my face.:image035:

Although being spoiled by the 1911's trigger I was still impressed with the sigs light DA pull. The whole decocker thing makes me nervous though:blink:

·
Registered
143 Posts
The decocker is as safe as any other decock/safety device in the world. My first Sig, a 220, had a decock that dang near made me wet my shorts the first time. I pulled it down slowly, trying to lower it easily. I kept pulling, and kept expecting it to slowly decock the hammer. Then suddenly, the hammer just SLAMMED down. I stood there with a "oh ****" look on my face for about 2 seconds before I realized that I did not have a discharge.

If I wanted to give a little shock to a friend, I would show them my new gun, and let them decock it.(while it was empty of course, to avoid any possibility of a discharge) Ah, good times.

Sig makes a great decock system, and I have never known it to break or malfunction. It might take a little getting use to, but it's a heck of a lot better than "thumbing" the hammer down like on other guns. I hope that doesn't keep you from buying one. It's a great gun.

·
Super Moderator
25,534 Posts
Bruces45 said:
I got a chance to shoot a sig pro 2022 9mm today and was quite impressed with it. It was more accurate than I was
Bruce, we've been trying to tell you SIGs are good! :wave:

The whole decocker thing makes me nervous though:blink:
Once you start using it, it starts to seem natural. And it's a lot safer than a thumb! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bruce - am I hearing right - some (tentative) praise - for - a -SIG!!!! Wow!! :wink:

Yep - decockers on SIG's are just dandy - and employ the hammer block which makes folks sometimes wonder when they look at their hammer, at rest - WTH is wrong!! Of course thru normal cycle with trigger back - no block.

I haven't had a chance to shoot anything polymer from SIG but hope to try one soon.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:haha: Don't worrie Bud, I am not going to buy one, I just enjoyed shooting it. My next pistol will be a S70 Colt commander in 9mm:image035:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
That looks pretty neat.

I hate to admit that I'm largely ignorant of SIGs outside of their classic models. I understand the "sig pro" concept was to make a lower priced alternative without sacrificing the quality but I know next to nothing about them.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I finally got my sigpro 2340 in .357 Sig late last week....this sigpro is the older model minus the Picatinny (universal?) light rail....I fired a quick 150 rounds through it with no problems....I'm going to take her out again this week and will probably do another full range report on it.

Toting the lighter sigpro is much nicer than my heavier duty P229!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Controls are just dandy Bud - it's just you use the wrong hands! :rofl:

·
Registered
940 Posts
The irony is as a lefty I have no problem with the standard Sig controls - shows how different individual people are.

The Pros are decent guns. They don't feel as good to me as the 226-series, but that's due to substantially different grips.

That said, I don't feel unarmed with mine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that DEA agents were being issued this gun now... anyone heard anything along those lines?

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Anybody seen or fired the new Sig SAS yet? That looks like one heckuva carry gun!

·
Registered
143 Posts
The SAS is a very beautiful gun. Especially the grips. But as far as shooting, it is the same as shooting a DAK version of the regular model.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
S.O. Interceptor said:
The SAS is a very beautiful gun. Especially the grips. But as far as shooting, it is the same as shooting a DAK version of the regular model.
I've never fired a DAK (yet). But I was really referring to the concealed part rather than the shooting. The version of the Clarke Melt looks like it'd allow a cover garment to just slip right over without snags both on the draw and the reholster....

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
rfurtkamp said:
The irony is as a lefty I have no problem with the standard Sig controls - shows how different individual people are.

The Pros are decent guns. They don't feel as good to me as the 226-series, but that's due to substantially different grips.

That said, I don't feel unarmed with mine.
The only problems I see I would have with em (being a leftie) would be the slide release lever. They are located wayyyy back ,which makes sense for a rightie. I noticed the 239 my friend owns has thicker stock grips than my USP. Too large for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts