Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm new to guns and this is partly I'm asking. I know the difference between a double action only (DOA like my Glock) and single action only (SAO like a 1911), but what's this I see on the SIG website for SAS and DAK? I know they have single action versions because I've seen them, but I'd like some elaboration if that's alright. I've been looking at the p239.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Without a huge elaboration (try a search), DAK is Sig's version of a DAO trigger. SAS means Sig Anti Snag. It basically is Sig's treatment of the gun to round off all the sharp lines an edges to make for a better concealed carry gun.

Hoss

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The SAS stands for Sig Anti-Snag. They do the "melt job" on the slide, and dehorn other things like the sights and hammer. It is a Double Action/Single Action pistol, so it's going to fire DA if the hammer is down, and SA if it's cocked.

The DAK is Double Action Kellerman. It's a double action only with a few features. It has a light pull weight when a round is chambered because it's at quarter cock kind of. When you pull the trigger, one of three things can happen...if you have a light strike on the primer the hammer will drop and stay there, because the slide didn't move back to quarter cock it. You will have a slightly heavier trigger pull for a second strike. If the round fires, which it should, you can let the trigger out halfway, it will reset and you get another slightly heavier pull, with a shorter stroke. You can also let it out all the way, and it will reset to the normal trigger pull. Sounds a little complex, but it's really simple, very smooth, and I love it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright. I really hated to start a thread on it, but I was trying via Google and couldn't find out what it meant. Since SIG has single action guns, I thought SAS was their version of single action.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
There was some discussion about the Sig with a DAK trigger so I did a search and came up with this.........thought I would share.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
I have a P239 SAS with DAK... The answers above are correct. Also, if we're being really technical, Glock's aren't DAO, they are striker fired and operate in a similar manner to DAOs.

·
Super Moderator
25,603 Posts
Alright. I really hated to start a thread on it, but I was trying via Google and couldn't find out what it meant. Since SIG has single action guns, I thought SAS was their version of single action.
SIG does use the designation SAO for their "single action only" guns, that's where the confusion may have come in. I have a SIG 220 SAO, and it's the smoothest trigger I have!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Here is what one of them varmits looks like.....I like the trigger...smooth as butter and light.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
SAS is indeed an acronym for SIG Anti Snag. They were apparetnly going to use a different acronym, for Anti-Snag-Pistol, but only a very few shipped with that designator, probably to avoid trademark issues.

DAK is a form of DAO, but there is a choice of two reset positions, as already explained. There are true simple DAO SIGs on the market, primarily pre-owned at this point in time.

GLocks are most certainly NOT a DAO design! (Not DOA either, as that term is not applicable to pistols.) If the shooter "catches the link" when shooting a Glock, it is much more like a DA/SA than a DAO. The initial trigger pull of a Glock, and the subsequent trigger pulls if one does not catch the link, is dealing with a partially cocked striker.

I do like my P229 SAS pistols, with their DAK triggers. The now-so-called "first generation" of SAS pistols have the DAK trigger system; the Second Generation SAS pistols are available with the traditional DA/SA trigger systems. Pay attention to the Generation if ordering/buying an SAS pistol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all.
I'm pretty new here and this is my first post. I am looking at a sig 229 Equinox which i am lusting over when I go to the Gun shop. but....
I would like to have the DAK trigger and I am wondering if I can have the pistol returned to the Factory ( it is a new Sig refurbished pistol) and have the DAK installed and what it might cost to do so. i have looked through Sig's costom shop and services and cannot find a price for this work
Anyone here able to give me a general idea of possibility and approx cost ?

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
hi all.
I'm pretty new here and this is my first post. I am looking at a sig 229 Equinox which i am lusting over when I go to the Gun shop. but....
I would like to have the DAK trigger and I am wondering if I can have the pistol returned to the Factory ( it is a new Sig refurbished pistol) and have the DAK installed and what it might cost to do so. i have looked through Sig's costom shop and services and cannot find a price for this work
Anyone here able to give me a general idea of possibility and approx cost ?
It can be done, I don't know the cost though. It wont be cheap. You would be much better served to just purchase what you want from the start.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The 239 in the SAS variation is one of the best looking guns IMHO...I just wish it were a bit slimmer because it doesnt really give you that much better of a CCW profile than double stack guns and there are far slimmer ones to chose from (PPS, PM's, etc.)...but it really is a looker!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The 239 in the SAS variation is one of the best looking guns IMHO...I just wish it were a bit slimmer because it doesnt really give you that much better of a CCW profile than double stack guns and there are far slimmer ones to chose from (PPS, PM's, etc.)...but it really is a looker!
Sorry to disagree with you Harley but I chose the NON SAS Sig 239 for the simple reason that I just didn't like the looks of the rounded out Sig. It just proves each to their own tastes. I think we can both agree though the the Sig 239 is an excellent choice of handgun no matter which version you get. :wave:.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hello. I'm new to guns and this is partly I'm asking. I know the difference between a double action only (DOA like my Glock)
I had a DA/SA SIG P239, but sent it to have the DAK setup done, and I LOVE it. It's a long pull like any DAO, but light and smooth as can be.
I'm not a fan of two different trigger pulls or having to mess around with decockers on my carry guns.

It's not really like the Glock at all, since the Glock is a striker-fired mechanism with a very short trigger pull. The DAK is a hammer-fired mechanism; each time you pull the trigger, the hammer rises and falls.

The only other gun that has a similar trigger feel as the DAK, but is striker-fired like a Glock, is the Kahr.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Sig

I love the look of the SAS/DAK 239. One of the best looking pistols I have seen. I didn't want to wait on one so I bought the standard DA/SA 239 with nite sites. I just love it. It shoots great and fits my hand perfectly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts