Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Sig Nightmare Carry last Saturday at the gun show...

I have already ordered a TJ's Custom spacer shim to convert from series 80 to 70.

Surprisingly enough, I have been able to acquire 500+ rounds of mix .45 (400 of FMJ, 100 of HAP 185gr., and some 230gr XTP's from a small ammo company here in Texas) to break it in.

I also have ordered 100 rds. of 230gr Hydra-Shok as my carry ammo.

My question(s) are these:

1. If you have one, any rec's on holster etc.
2. Typically how often do you actually carry it
3. How many rounds did you use to break it in?

-Much Love-

P.A.N.K.U.S. Ogre

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
I have a Sig Ultra Nitron and also use the Federal Hydra-Shok 230g

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

I carry IWB in a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Their interchangeable kydex system enables me to carry any of my guns simply by taking two minutes to switch out the kydex. I highly recommend this holster.

Auto part

The Sig is currently in the carry rotation with 3 other guns (Colt Defender, Glock 30 and Springfield XD-s).

I have about 500 rounds through it so far.

·
Registered
211 Posts
1. I have a Galco pancake holster.
2. Rarely. I have other pistols that I prefer to carry.
3. Break in? Why? It has been 100% reliable since day one.

·
Super Moderator
20,206 Posts
My full-size and Commander-size 1911s most often ride in a Milt Sparks Summer Special, which is a classic, minimalist IWB holster that doesn't take up half an acre of body real estate like the popular Crossbreed. With a true gun belt for support, it's a comfortable all-day carry rig.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
^^^
I find I often agree with gasmitty, this is another one of those times. For 1911's my all time favorite rig is the SSII, there are many other makers building the Bruce Nelson design, but few give credit and IMHO none do it better.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
I'll second gasmitty holster choice. You might also look at Tucker Gun Leather "Coverup" series holsters as another option. I don't have a break in period on guns, I have a functionality check, prior to putting a gun into the rotation. Usually 200 rounds of FMJ and 100 rounds of JHP. If it runs trouble free through that, it goes into the rotation.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
There's a reason why the Milt Sparks SSII-H (I like the "H"=horsehide) has been popular for sooooo long. Like the Porsche 911, it's a classic that still easily keeps pace with the fastest, newest things around. :yup:

Reactions: Yetiman and Bad Bob
1 - 9 of 9 Posts