Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

SIG SAUER - Gives you $200 "CASH For your KLUNKER* Handgun"

Purchase a new SIG SAUER® P220®, P226®, P229®, 1911, SIG556 pistol, or SIG556 rifle from your dealer's inventory from September 7th through November 30th, 2009, and SIG SAUER will give you $200.00 for your old KLUNKER* pistol or revolver.

To receive your $200.00 payment, simply send your old KLUNKER* with a copy of your form 4473 and proof of purchase of your new Classic pistol (no later than Friday, December 4, 2009) to:

SIG SAUER, Inc., 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, NH 03833, ATTN: CK-1

*KLUNKER refers to a handgun from any manufacturer that you wish to trade in for the $200.00 payment. Gun must be operational and free from cracks in frame or other key components. KLUNKER must be a semi-auto pistol 9mm or larger, or revolver of .38 caliber or larger. SIG SAUER reserves the right to reject any firearm submitted as a KLUNKER that does not meet our criteria. Rejected firearms will be returned to sender. Please allow six (6) to eight (8 ) weeks for delivery of your check. This offer cannot be combined with any other program or offer.

Klunkers will not be accepted for payment after Friday, December 4, 2009. NO EXCEPTIONS.

All transactions subject to federal, state and local firearms regulations.

Source - Klunker

- Janq

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
:frown: I was getting excited until I read the caliber restrictions. I have a FIE Titan .25 setting in my safe that was handed down to the wife. Guess it will just have to stay there taking up space a while longer.

·
Registered
425 Posts
makes me wish I had a hi point laying around. hell i could go by one for 110 bucks and trade it to sig for $200.... might be a good idea...

·
Registered
52 Posts
:frown: I was getting excited until I read the caliber restrictions. I have a FIE Titan .25 setting in my safe that was handed down to the wife. Guess it will just have to stay there taking up space a while longer.
+1 The wife has a .22 semi auto that I despise. No slide lock, single action, and the 1911 style safety. Oh well, maybe S&W will kick in a clunker deal next lol
Jess

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I have one of those also, that I inherited, what a piece of junk!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Sig's Cash for Klunkers Program-$200 off

Sig is having a "Cash for Klunker's $200 rebate:

SIG SAUER - Gives you $200 "CASH For your KLUNKER* Handgun"

Purchase a new SIG SAUER® P220®, P226®, P229®, 1911, SIG556 pistol, or SIG556 rifle from your dealer's inventory from September 7th through November 30th, 2009, and SIG SAUER will give you $200.00 for your old KLUNKER* pistol or revolver.

To receive your $200.00 payment, simply send your old KLUNKER* with a copy of your form 4473 and proof of purchase of your new Classic pistol (no later than Friday, December 4, 2009) to:

SIG SAUER, Inc., 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, NH 03833, ATTN: CK-1

*KLUNKER refers to a handgun from any manufacturer that you wish to trade in for the $200.00 payment. Gun must be operational and free from cracks in frame or other key components. KLUNKER must be a semi-auto pistol 9mm or larger, or revolver of .38 caliber or larger. SIG SAUER reserves the right to reject any firearm submitted as a KLUNKER that does not meet our criteria. Rejected firearms will be returned to sender. Please allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery of your check. This offer cannot be combined with any other program or offer.

Klunkers will not be accepted for payment after Friday, December 4, 2009. NO EXCEPTIONS.

All transactions subject to federal, state and local firearms regulations.
http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/klunker.aspx

·
Registered
483 Posts
+2

I have a .25acp raven that was going to net me $200.......................till I got to the end of the offer!:aargh4:

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
I just wonder how much you will actually end up with by the time you pay to transfer your "clunker" up to SIG.

But it is a an interesting gimmick/deal.

·
Registered
155 Posts
How did they get my email address? I have never left it at their website. Maybe they got it from the same company that sent the mail from whitehouse.gov. I'm sure we're on that one. :wave:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
So SIG cosiders a fully servicable 9mm, .38 or larger in working condition to be a "Klunker". Interesting........

·
Registered
194 Posts
So SIG cosiders a fully servicable 9mm, .38 or larger in working condition to be a "Klunker". Interesting........
Took the words right out of my mouth!......................................................... Or off of my keyboard in this case. :wink: lol

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I think I have an old RG in .38spl sitting in the shop.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
If you take advantage of this, have the dealer you buy from send your klunker in to Sig as part of the deal.

Thinking they will help Hi-point's sales as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wish I'd known about this deal before I picked up my G27 last week. Don't get me wrong I love my 27, but wouldn't have minded adding a Sig to the collection for the right price. There are a couple of old "sat nite specials" that my grandfather has lying around that are horrible guns that we'd never consider using, but they are .38 caliber so they'd qualify. It would be the only thing they are good for rather than collecting dust.

·
Registered
792 Posts
So one goes down and spends $XXX.XX on a BRAND new sig,.. Sends there old one off after doing the paper work and pays for cost of shipping,. Sig says,.. "NO WAY" to your "klunker" and..... ???? That's it folks??? That is a BAD - BAD deal.. That is like going and buying a new car,.. telling them you have something you want to trade in,. doing the paper work and you getting the new car,.. They they tell you what they will give you for your car and if you don't like it,. Oh well, you just bought a new car..... They must thing people are idiots,. :rolleyes: But then again, there are allot of them out there..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does anyone else realize that you could easily sell a 9mm or 38 special revolver for 200 private party?

I mean it's only worth it if you have something that's old as hell and rusted up. Otherwise any modern 9mm semi auto can be sold for atleast $200 EASY. It's like getting lowballed at a gunshop on a trade in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts