Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned a number of DA/SA semi automatic handguns all from either Sig or Beretta and I've become more of a Glock shooter having really gotten used to the consistent trigger and very pronounced trigger reset.

I've owned two Sig pistols which were both purchased used and they were the standard P226 and P229 but the P229 had night sights. I sold both to fund other gun purchases but absolutely love how they feel in hand and point naturally for me. Aside from the Beretta M9/92FS the Sig P226 is my second favorite DA/SA handgun and its been proven to work for many LE and special operations units within the military ranks. I can kind of see why Sig Sauer commands such a high price for their products because they do such a good job at listening to end users and put a lot of thought and effort into creating guns that can be trusted.

I think last year I was at my gun shop one day and the salesman I usually deal with is always quick to show me any new products they get in. He has a perference for Sig Sauer handguns and FN for rifles and was quick to show me Sig came out with a new line of P220 series guns with the term "Legion" tacked onto them. He claimed they have a different trigger than the other Sig models and I admire the dark gray finish which is different from what I'm used to buying (black guns matter!) but the price was pretty much up there. As soon as he handed me the Sig P226 Legion in 9mm I fell in love with the feel. I didn't know much about the Sig Legion series and decided to conduct some research to see what made this particular line of Sig handguns so special. Apparently Sig markets them along with an exclusive so called "club" you can join when you go to register your Legion Sig on their website and you can get exclusive gear and a fancy case. At first I thought that was the only reason that set them apart but then I watched videos and read articles saying the guns actually do have some physical upgrades like Sig's "X-Ray" day/nights ights, a X-Five trigger cutout, and an upgraded trigger.

I ended up thinking it over and comparing the Legion to the other Sig offerings my gun shop has in stock and I'd only be paying about $150.00 more for the Legion as opposed to going with a Sig P226 Mk 25 plus I think it might be kind of cool to be in this exclusive club thing Sig has going on... kinda hokey at the same time though. Anyway I put one of two Legion P226 models they have in stock on hold. I really don't have any "nicer" guns in my collection, just Glocks and a Ruger Security Six revolver so this will be a nice upgrade for me.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I ran into a used P226 Legion the other day at my favorite gun shop. At $1000 asking price I was tempted to get it just to go with my 229L, but I'd never carry a gun that big.
Still, pretty good price on a little used Legion...

The 229 Legion is the only Sig in that series I've been tempted to own and am glad I do.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran into a used P226 Legion the other day at my favorite gun shop. At $1000 asking price I was tempted to get it just to go with my 229L, but I'd never carry a gun that big.
Still, pretty good price on a little used Legion...

The 229 Legion is the only Sig in that series I've been tempted to own and am glad I do.
Yeah the P229 even for me is a heavy gun to carry around which is why I've always stuck with my Glock 19 that I bought ten years ago. The P226 Legion I'm getting will mostly be a range toy and conversation piece. I generally prefer more compact guns for carry and full size guns for range and home defense.

Reactions: PAcanis

·
Registered
281 Posts
A 229 Legion carry in 40 is on my radar. I think it would be appropriate to use the word lust. Owning a Sig Sauer gets you into the exclusive club, but owning a Legion gets you into the inner sanctum top secret Sig lair. It is totally hokey, but we are all gun geeks. :yup:

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Yeah the P229 even for me is a heavy gun to carry around which is why I've always stuck with my Glock 19 that I bought ten years ago. The P226 Legion I'm getting will mostly be a range toy and conversation piece. I generally prefer more compact guns for carry and full size guns for range and home defense.
I wear my 229 on occasion, but for me it's not an all day gun either. It's a bit bulky for that.
Beautiful weapon though. If I was a Sig guy I'd have been all over that 226L they had. Probably get rid of my Beretta M9 then.
I love the size of the compact version. Probably because I lean towards Commanders over Gov't 1911's. It's just a dang good size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts