Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I been looking for a DAO 9mm. Well I sold my ruger sp101 since it was mainly a safe queen besides I had 3 .357 revolvers counting it so I decided to sell it to my friend and neighbor since he been wanting it lol.

So I went to my favorite LGS up in mesquite since they had some pretty good prices and went looking. Now I had admire sig sauer but the prices was just out of my budget my book keeper (the women I love ) advises me and I can understand since they always price new for over 500 on up.

But I went up there for something else and Greg who works there knows about my nerve damage in my right hand that causes my trigger finger to twitch on its own, well he said he had a DAO 9mm that was used he wanted to show me. It was a Sig Sauer P290RS with a factory laser.

So I look at it like the weight and feel, ask Greg could I dry fire it and he said sure. I pulled the trigger a few times and feel in love with how the trigger felt. I ask Greg if there was any way I could test fire it and he said sure I let you fire a few thru it.

He got about 5 rounds and got a target and we went to the indoor range the place had and I put 5 rounds down range at 7 yards. Man it was sweet, not as tight as I want it but with practice it will be a great chl/ltc pistol.

It had a price of 475.00 and my wife got her phone and we look online and found that alot of used P290s with out the laser was going for that used so I bought it. So out the door with a box of ammo for 514.18

9mm.jpg

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Nice gun. Better get a second job. Sigs multiply and need to be fed.

Reactions: mjadams61

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I purchase a couple of IWB holsters from alien gear. One for my P290RS and one for my Taurus 605. I am going to get a OWB thumb break holster for my P290RS from desantis at the first of the month. I also took the laser off of my P290 since I had never used a laser on any of my firearms and I aint gonna start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts