Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a stupid question…Im new…
I have been constantly practicing drawing my glock 26 from my galco IWB summer comfort holster.
Will continuously drawing and reholstering my weapon affect the factory added night sight alignment at all?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Only if they're the plastic sights, and only because they'll eventually pop off (seen it happen twice, and it's reported to happen often). If they're decent sights then they shouldn't, unless you've got something hard in the holster you're grinding the sights up against repeatedly.

-B

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
This may seem like a stupid question…Im new…
I have been constantly practicing drawing my glock 26 from my galco IWB summer comfort holster.
Will continuously drawing and re-holstering my weapon affect the factory added night sight alignment at all?
Not if they were installed properly. Why? Are you having issues?

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
No. But if you practice draw and index enough, you can get rid of your sights if you really want to.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not if they were installed properly. Why? Are you having issues?
no, I just wanted to know... like i said, ive been practicing alot and wasnt sure how much torture the sights could take from exiting the holster that quick...

Thanks for the info.. Im sure they were installed properly since they came from glock that way.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Actually your holster could come into play. I know Galcos are well made, but does it have a sight channel. Most quality holsters do, which helps alleviate stress on the sight.
Does there appear to be a lot of finish gone from the sight blade. This is usually a good stress indicator, although it happens eventually.
Is the blade still firmly attached? I never cared for the way Glock mounts their front sights.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
no, I just wanted to know... like i said, ive been practicing alot and wasnt sure how much torture the sights could take from exiting the holster that quick...

Thanks for the info.. I'm sure they were installed properly since they came from Glock that way.
LOL on the "quick draw"..........most metal becomes pliable at some 3600°. I hope you weren't worrying about friction here.
We can't be absolutely sure about anything really..we just normally trust that things are so. Quality assurance may have gotten off early on the Friday your sights were installed and the pistol was tested. Maybe the guy testing your pistol likes to party on the weekends, and he hasn't been tested. There are always variables, but under normal (statistically proven) methods, you should never have to worry about this.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Sights? What do you use those for?:confused::rolleyes:

No, properly installed 'good' sights are not going to move.:icon_neutral:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts