Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still getting my rifle dialed in with my loads for next fall's elk hunt. Today was a beautiful day at the range. 60 degrees, no wind, clear sky.

I still have some loads to test and chrono, but this is 58 grains of IMR 4831 with 160 grain Nosler Accubond at 200 yards. I was shooting from a Harris bipod with a rear bag support. Nightforce 4X16X42 FFP scope. I have a small but very efficient muzzle brake on the front end, machined and installed by Straight Shot Gunsmithing.

The rifle shoots good, the fliers are my fault.

Sako @ 200 yds.jpg

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Looks like you found the right load with those Accubonds.
My neighbor tried some in his 270 and his groups were horrible. He needs to play with the powder more.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you found the right load with those Accubonds.
My neighbor tried some in his 270 and his groups were horrible. He needs to play with the powder more.
This is the first time I am using them, on the recommendation of a friend who is a lifelong hunter and reloader. I was using Nosler Ballistic Tip in my 7mm-08, again at his recommendation, and have had very good results with deer.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I like the SAKO part! Have a Sako JRS1G14 in 22-250. It makes bean fields seem MUCH...shorter! :image035:

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the SAKO part! Have a Sako JRS1G14 in 22-250. It makes bean fields seem MUCH...shorter! :image035:
This is the first one I have owned. It's nicely put together. The action is very smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts