Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fairly accurate on targets with my G26 at 10 yards. However, I bought a Sig P238 the other day an it has bigger dots vs the standard glock sights. I was quite a bit more accurate with the P238. Could it just be the sights? I can easier focus on the front sight with the P238. What sights would be comparable to put on the G26?

Thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have zero experience with them, but I've heard a lot of great reviews of XS big dot sights. Although, these reviews usually revolve around the ability of the shooter to line up their sights on target faster. Not sure if this equates to accuracy or not. Maybe just in a rapid fire situation?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use XS on my XD-9, lcr, and my HD 12ga. All mine have the tritium insert and are great for low/no light scenarios. Fast sight acquisition is the best thing I've gotten out of using these sights. While they aren't "target" sight per se, once you get used to the "express sight" picture they can be very accurate. I highly recommend these sights.

-BTO-

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
The sights might be one factor, but there are others that can come into play. Some guns can shoot a particular load very well, while others will hold a group like a shotgun. Sight height can also come into play, as well as egronomics of the gun for the individual shooter. Personally, as I get older I like the bigger sights since I pick up on them more quickly. For Glocks I like Meprolite or Glock factory night sites. When I went to the police academy I used a Glock 21 for qualification that had only factory sights. When I graduated I put a set of Meprolite sights onto it for patrol work. When I took it to the range I notice the point of impact raised slightly using the same loads I qualified with a few weeks earlier. The reason for this is the dimensions of the Meporlite's are slightly different from the original factory sights. If you like the sights on the Sig and you shoot well with them I would try them on the Glock. It may be that you can focus on them better, as well as picking them up faster for follow up shots.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I tried the XS Big Dot sight on just the front sight. I found my accuracy suffered and wondered why. I needed to raise the rear sight because it seems the XS must be just a tiny bit higher (or make it seem they are a bit higher). SO I got a stock Glock 6.9mm rear sight and it fixed my problem. (BTW, the standard sight for the 26 and the 19, I believe is a 6.5mm rear sight.) Good luck!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have a trijicon night sight for my front post. I'm going to get a set of either. trijicon HD's (very visable) or Meprolight 3 dot night sights. I have looked at all the options I feel those are 2 of the best , check them out.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Can I rack my slide one handed (on a belt or something like that) with the trijicon HD's?
If you can do that with the stock sights, you should be able to with the HD's .. Dont Forget about the meprolights either John, Im telling you those things are brighter and bigger than the triji's. They light up the whole drawer my buddies gun sits in, I was amazed.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I tried the XS Big Dot sight on just the front sight. I found my accuracy suffered and wondered why. I needed to raise the rear sight because it seems the XS must be just a tiny bit higher (or make it seem they are a bit higher). SO I got a stock Glock 6.9mm rear sight and it fixed my problem. (BTW, the standard sight for the 26 and the 19, I believe is a 6.5mm rear sight.) Good luck!
... Because it's meant to be used with the XS rear sight too...

In God and Glock we Trust

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
I switched out my plastic GLOCK sights for Hamilton Yam's 10-8 Performance sights, they have quickly become my favorite set up. I use a plain black rear and brass bead front; the rear has a nice shelf for one handed manipulation.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I installed Tru-Glow TFO sight on my Glock 27 and could not be happier.
Put the same on wife's g26 along with Crimson Trace......she shoots it very well with both!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts