I for one like the sigma, Great gun,Great VALUE & if you can shoot a revolver
then you ought to be able to shoot a SIGMA. It is'nt a target gun but 3in off
hand at 15 yards not too bad. JMO/YMMV
H/D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan to play with the stock trigger maybe once, then do the trigger spring mod floating around on the internet.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Got a 9ve and a 40ve.

They are hands down the best value anywhere in a handgun.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it's certainly a pretty good deal any way you look at it. How many other reliable high capacity pistols can you get for $250, brand new? There can't be that many.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like my 40ve as well but ima already looking to upgrade eventually. The sigmas are good beginer guns but the shooter can out grow the gun. Theres not much to them that can be upgraded. If you want the trigger light send it to LSG MFG. He did mine and it dropped the pull a little and smoothed it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Way to go! S&W still have the rebates for those too? I like my 40ve I have put over a 1000 rounds through mine and have not had ANY problems whatsoever. I shoot good groups with it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've got close to 7000 through mine. All CCI cheap stuff. It's a durable, cheap, reliable (I've had 2 fte because of a box of underpowered reloads I got from my cousin) On factory ammo I've never had a failure.

They are a great gun to have if you like to take friends shooting. If you take a friend out with a 250-300 dollar gun it's alot less stressful that worrying about dropping, mud, water, light triggers, wear and tear, and such that I would worry about with a 2000 dollar 1911 or 800 dollar sig.

Good beginners gun. Daddy didn't start you out in the $$$$$$$$corvette with 500Hp, he stuck you in the $VW or $$Corolla with 'Just' enough power to let you learn what you need to know.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just bought it because I have a set of .40 reloading dies, and it was the cheapest (besides Hi-Point) gun out there. Plus I get two free mags with the rebate, unless someone knows of a real chepa place to get them from.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
Just one word to remember, you get what you pay for....
that's six words.

i had a Sigma for a few years; it was my first handgun. it was reliable, and accurate enough for self defense. i love how people who never owned one slam them. i sold it, and put the money towards a 1911.

the Sigma's a great value, just like the RIA.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts