Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that on this forum not that many members post what firearms they own on their signature. And at other forums many members post a list in their sig line. Why is that? Is it considered rude?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I don't because there to dang many of them to list and my sig would be half a page long..

if you wanna list yours feel free as long as it aint half a page long...lol

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
No probs from me either - tho like Bud I would have a whole page taken up probably :18: The list is long, even if handguns only.

I guess also - some folks do not want that degree of ''permanent advertizing''.

·
Super Moderator
23,585 Posts
I'd just be getting jealous all the time, and get a bad case of "gun envy"

:aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
For those guys newer to the board - here is A vid of (most) of my handgun stuff . One or two changes but not too far different.

If media player pulled a bit bigger, most text can be read.

·
Super Moderator
18,099 Posts
Too many to list...

plus...I dont want anyone that monitors the internet to know what I've got. Call me simple, but I dont trust anybody....:blink:

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
It is not the arrow but the Indian..........:danceban:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I understand not wanting to advertise and the fact that some of you lucky guys have "too many to list". Man I wish that will be the case for me some day.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Pretty much like HotGuns, I don't want a written list of what I own floating around for everyone on the Internet to see. I'll discuss any of them but I listing the whole collection makes me a bit edgy.
Jack

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
I've seen that on other forums. It's a pretty prolific thing.
I just figure that if everybody else is doing that then why would I want to do the same thing?
Besides...I like to change my signature line a lot...like right now maybe. :image035:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
[QUOTE='75scout]I've noticed that on this forum not that many members post what firearms they own on their signature. And at other forums many members post a list in their sig line. Why is that? Is it considered rude?[/QUOTE]

While it is sort of handy sometimes to see where that person is coming from (for example anyone that owns a half dozen Glocks decrying a particular model of Glock has more credibility), I think listing every single one is just annoying.

As for links in the sig line, go for it... in some cases it's handy if you're a resident member who makes or sells something.

But I've always though the sig line was to accentuate a point... such as mine...

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
HotGuns said:
Too many to list...

plus...I dont want anyone that monitors the internet to know what I've got. Call me simple, but I dont trust anybody....:blink:

Hot guns i keeps saying it it is paranoia if the world is out to get ya but only a few people are listening

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
What sig line? You mean you can have a sig line on this forum? I'm just slow I guess.:hand5:

It is impractical for me to list my firearms here as I have two rather large safes full and I either need to slow down buying, start a one in one out policy or find a place for another safe. Well OK, I think if I change some things around I may have room for another 6 handguns in the one safe. I still have one on order so that leaves five spots. I must chose wisely.

-Scott-

·
Registered
14 Posts
HotGuns said
Too many to list...

plus...I dont want anyone that monitors the internet to know what I've got. Call me simple, but I dont trust anybody....
Me too.

Walter

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Like others , I don't like to advertise what I own too much. Also I didn't realize we could have sig. lines either. so many options , so little time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
who was it that said ? "If you know what you got..you ain't got much"

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
[QUOTE='75scout]I've noticed that on this forum not that many members post what firearms they own on their signature. And at other forums many members post a list in their sig line. Why is that? Is it considered rude?[/QUOTE]

Don't have a clue why people don't or why they would for that matter, it just hasn't caught on here, but feel free if that's what you want to do.... :smile:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't feel the need to, just making an observation and didn't know if there was a reason. I don't really have anything overly exciting anyways. 2 Remington 870s one for hunting one for HD. 1 Remington .22 rifle and 1 Springfield .410 pump, they were both inherited when my grandfather passed away. Plus a GLOCK 26 for when I get my CHL and a Ruger MK II for range practice and cheap plinking. I also hope to get my fiance to enjoy shooting through going to the range and shooting the MK II.

See, not that interesting. Next on my list is a GLOCK 17, S&W 637, Rock River Arms Entry Tactical, Kahr PM9, some form of AK and then a 1911. More will certainly follow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.