Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notice on there site this morning looking for some infor that the SAS models all have limited lifetime warranty listed in the write up about the pistol

Non of the other i looked at said anything about warranty nor did i spot it in my 2 min glance at there catalog this am

So what is the warranty just wondering

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I haven't checked on the site or elsewhere Bud but had always understood it was lifetime warranty, across the board.

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
What Chris said.........

Most of what I've heard is that SIG goes out of it's way to please. I've seen reports of folks getting parts replaced at no cost just by making a phone call.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Bud, I had an entire Sig 226 replaced by Sig after the frame rails cracked and one broke off completely. My Sig was purchased used and Sig was aware of that when they replaced the entire gun.

I'd say the warranty is pretty complete.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Pretty sure it's lifetime. A customer at the store I work at brought in a Certified Pre-Owned P226 that had developed a bulge in the barrel. He swore he had only fired 300 rounds of WWB through it, with no squib loads or anything else unusual. Personally I can't figure out how you get a bulged barrel without firing it while the barrel is blocked, but I could be wrong. We sent it back to SIG and got it back a month later with a new barrel, no questions asked. Not bad service IMO.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for info that is what i thought they had

Im sorry no way to bulge a barrel other than fire a round behind another one

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Wow!

acparmed said:
Bud, I had an entire Sig 226 replaced by Sig after the frame rails cracked and one broke off completely. My Sig was purchased used and Sig was aware of that when they replaced the entire gun.

I'd say the warranty is pretty complete.
That's good to know since I've finally settled on the P229 SAS. Can't wait for summer to come, now! :danceban: Btw, I had one of the original Ruger SP101's that specified a 125gr slug be fired and ONLY that load. I had a problem with the cylinder release and they replaced the whole gun no charge for one of the next gen series. Ruger does pretty good, too. :tongue:

·
Registered
940 Posts
The verbage in the manual is slippery - it's explicitly a one year, with the phrase "and we will continue to take care of our customers as we always have" or somesuch equivalent tossed in.

I've never been refused service after the 1 year point on any customer's gun ;0

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Broke a punch pin on a Sig 239 and got it stuck in the slide. Sent it to Sig and they replaced the whole slide with a new one because even they couldn't get it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts