Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these jackets? Hows the qaulity? Do they conceal the firearm well? Are they worth the money?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with these jackets? Hows the qaulity? Do they conceal the firearm well? Are they worth the money?
No experience with them, but after looking at them on a couple of web sites, I don't see anything special. Lots of jackets have internal pockets that one can carry a gun in.

I have a couple, including one from being on church camp staff, that would do just as well and they didn't cost $90.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Drawing from them is difficult and they have a tendency to bounce around when not attached to the body somehow (shoulder holster, OWB, IWB, even pocket carry).
Bottom line is...you have to carry in the way that works for you. I discovered that with a vest that had 'hidden' pockets, the gun flopped around and was not easily withdrawn. OMO

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Nice jacket, I have one, very warm too. It doesn't hide a large semi auto very well, it prints badly at the grip. Smaller weapons hide fine but access is slow and requires that the jacket not be zipped.

Personally I don't carry my weapon in it though, I want my weapon ON me and not IN my jacket. :wink:

No, I don't think they're worth the money.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have one (cloth, not leather), and it carries my Sig P239 or Glock 19 okay, I just don't like the feel of the gun against my chest. So I carry IWB like I normally do. It is the warmest jacket I own though.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I looked at one and tried it on once. It seemed like a nice jacket but as for carrying a gun in it, I just didn't se it being a good way to carry.

I prefer to have my gun in a quality holster on my hip, not jiggling around in an over sized pocket supposedly designed for carrying a gun in.

I don't think they are well suited for their stated purpose.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the leather and the coat. Nice quality and I am very pleased with them.

I got them from here, he has some good prices and service: Firearms 4 Less

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice jacket, I have one, very warm too. It doesn't hide a large semi auto very well, it prints badly at the grip. Smaller weapons hide fine but access is slow and requires that the jacket not be zipped.

Personally I don't carry my weapon in it though, I want my weapon ON me and not IN my jacket. :wink:

No, I don't think they're worth the money.
so would a P229 be too large for it?

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
I have one in leather. I find it to be well made and very good looking.

In fact in the fall/winter season, it's my EDC (Every Day Coat).

While it is not ideal for CC, it is yet another viable option. I just tried my P7 in it and the butt does indeed print with the jacket zipped.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
so would a P229 be too large for it?
I was using a P-220R Carry and a 1911 when the butt printed on me. My S&W 640 was fine but it probably also would depend on your build to some extent. I dunno about the P-229.

I've also read where the elastic stretches out after frequent carry especially of a heavy weapon.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have 2. A black cloth short jacket and a longer green cloth coat.
The interior elastic holds mid to full size autos well but I have a little concern with my pps, g26/27's, and J frames. They are best left in your front pocket. The black one is 3 years old and the green is 2 years old. Both wear well and are warm and wind resistant. Full cut - no binding in the shoulders and sleeves are long enough. They don't replace a good strong side holster but thy do offer options and are of good quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts