Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my SigTac Rangemaster today. I must say I am very impressed with this knife. I have always been skeptical of "branded" knives, with my experience being that most of them are cheapo crap. This Sig is definitely an exception.

I paid only $39.95 for the knife directly from Sig. They sell for north of $100 elsewhere on the net, and rightfully so. Lockup on this knife is dead solid with absolutely no movement. The coated N690 blade is shaving sharp right our of the box, and has a thick spine and nice taper down to the edge. Weight on my postal scale is 4.0 oz.

It is quite a bit larger than my current EDC Kershaw Scallion, and 1 oz. heavier. I will probably stick with the Kershaw for carrying at work, but the SigTac will definitely be with me on days off and anytime dress is more casual.

Below I have included some comparison shots with the Kershaw as well as a pic of the SigTac with its big sister, my P239 SAS.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Very interesting. Are they having some kind of sale/close out?

I too have always been skeptical of branded knives. Glad you posted this review. Thank you!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fastball - not sure why the price dropped. Other folders on the Sig site are much higher as well, like this one used to be. The Skeleton is currently $149 and the Pterodactyl is $113. All I can say is go for it!

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Nice group you have there, I love my pterodactyl and P220R combo.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sigmanluke, got a pic? We'd love too see the extended family.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fred, I have included a couple of shots of the liner lock below. The locking bar is thin but very, very stiff. It provides rock solid lockup and is actually fairly difficult to disengage. Hopefully it will ease up some with use. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts