Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the dimeonsional difference between the 8 and 7 round Sig 220 magazines? Does the 8 rounder fit flush with the butt of the pistol like the 7 rounder?

I know the 10 rounders stick out. Also curious if the 245 takes the 220 mags since I'm speculating...

I'm not really worried about the extra round, just curious what it looks like or how it fits.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Wish I knew Euc - all I have is 7 rounders - plenty of 'em thx to Gary.

I have a feeling that they are flush fitting but others can confirm or not. I am pretty sure the 245 will take the mags - bit like my 228 will accept 226 mags (but not others ways around).

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
One of the 220's I just bought came with 8 round mags.

Yes, they fit flush.

They did the same thing Colt did, I believe, and shortened the depth of the follower to allow another round to fit.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
I'll check tonight at the Store....(tuesday).......see if the 7-8 rounders fit the same way

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like I got my answer!

acparmed said:
One of the 220's I just bought came with 8 round mags.

Yes, they fit flush.

They did the same thing Colt did, I believe, and shortened the depth of the follower to allow another round to fit.
I think that does it for me.

I looked at a picture and it looks like the 8 round magazine has, well I wouldn't really call it a slam pad, but more like a plastic sleeve on the bottom. It probably fits with the little sleeve sticking flush, and none of the magazine above the sleeve visible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts