Defensive Carry banner

601 - 620 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
I've believed for some time now that both Gold & Silver are undervalued(manipulated by big banks IOW) I agree the "Brexit" vote is "up in the air" and if nothing else is very interesting to watch, on other forum, several citizens want to exit but they seem to believe the "fix is in"???????

I'd not be surprised by end of next year (if not sooner) we'll see $3K Gold and silver > $80 and that may be conservative estimates depending on several factors........ JMO

YOMV

Reactions: GRCarry and Badey

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
That is very nice, can't say that I blame ya!

Reactions: Badey

·
Registered
973 Posts
I've believed for some time now that both Gold & Silver are undervalued(manipulated by big banks IOW) I agree the "Brexit" vote is "up in the air" and if nothing else is very interesting to watch, on other forum, several citizens want to exit but they seem to believe the "fix is in"???????

I'd not be surprised by end of next year (if not sooner) we'll see $3K Gold and silver > $80 and that may be conservative estimates depending on several factors........ JMO

YOMV
I watch gold and silver prices daily. I feel it gives me the best heads up on what is happening behind the scenes. For at least the last two weeks if not three the prices of both have been closing up every day. That hasn't happened in a while, it's usually up one day and back down the next. Just looked at Friday's close and Gold is at an even $1300 and silver at 17.52. I read it is because of the impending Brexit, and old Georgie boy is buying again. We'll see what happens.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
One of the selling pitches to buy PM's these last few years has been the pending demise of the dollar. I'm curious as to why they're willing to take my soon to be worthless dollars and part with their gold and silver at such high prices.
I had this exact conversation with a friend recently. If my paper "fiat" dollars are useless, or will be soon, then why will they let me exchange them for gold in ANY amount of either? It makes no sense.

·
Administrator
143,828 Posts
Because (of course) the dollar is not worthless as of yet.
So they purchased Gold/Silver when prices were lower and part with it at a profit which provides the means for them to buy more precious metals.
For now....they can turn metal over and make a business out of doing it.

You can be certain that should the S ever hit the fan they won't be accepting any more dollars in trade.

They will be living large on their own island somewhere. :biggrin2:

·
Administrator
143,828 Posts
Years ago you could buy a nice dress suit, a dress shirt, a silk necktie, and a pair of dress shoes for either a $20.00 Bill or a $20.00 Gold Piece.
Today a Gold coin will still get you all of that but, a $20.00 Bill will barely get you a polyester tie.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
Along the same lines, look at home prices in gold/dollars in the 1910s versus today. A home kit in the 1910s with all the materials for a 2000 sq.ft., 2 story home was $1500. A general rule of thumb for contractors is materials x .5 = labor cost. So the total cost for this home to be built would be $2250 - $2500, which was about 113 - 125 oz of gold.

For a similar house to be built today, we're looking at (depending on location) $175,000 - 200,000, which is 135 - 153 oz. of gold. The pricing in gold is pretty similar, but the pricing in dollars is definitely not.

Here is a link to home kits from Sears Catalog from 1915 - 1920 anyone is interested.

Sears Homes 1915-1920

·
Administrator
143,828 Posts
Then again....also and before somebody else types it...folks labored long and hard for that 20 Dollar Gold Piece back then.

Which still does not alter the fact that our currency has be systematically devalued to a decent degree.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #610
Brexit happened and precious metals prices are going up! Yesterday I saw gold hit $1258 and silver dipped below $17.30. Today, after the news that Britain is leaving the EU, gold is $1324, and silver is an even $18.00.

Now that Britain has done it, there is talk that Greece, Italy, and France may have similar votes. I'll be interested to see what gold and silver continue to do.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I don't see a fear-based bull lasting long, I also don't believe TPTB will allow gold to rise much over $1300 before manipulating it back down.

Way to go Britain!

Reactions: Badey

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
It just may not be "fear based" at all though; instead folks may be seeing the impending decline in fiat currencies (or perhaps some other factors as well) :wink:

Reactions: QKShooter and Badey

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
I don't see a fear-based bull lasting long, I also don't believe TPTB will allow gold to rise much over $1300 before manipulating it back down.

Way to go Britain!
$1300 does seem to be the new "line in the sand" for TPTB (and $18 for silver). However, with all of the other EU exit drama, I wonder if they'll be able to exert enough force to knock it back down.

Gold is at $1334 right now, and slowly inching it's way toward $1400.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Reactions: QKShooter

·
Registered
7,908 Posts

·
Administrator
143,828 Posts
I really do like that Superman.

I think I am going with the 2 OZ HEADLESS HORSEMAN this week though.

Superman...maybe next week. :yup:

601 - 620 of 654 Posts