Defensive Carry banner

621 - 640 of 654 Posts

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
Suggest that whoever is interested buy the Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse series.

Firstly they are beautifully rendered. :yup:

I had already purchased the first one released a while back. The white horse of conquest.

The second I bought on a pre-sale The red horse of war.

I think that one has already shipped but, it's on its way.

I believe #1 is already selling for more than I paid for mine.

I actually think there will be 5 total with #5 featuring all four on 1 OZ.

I think this will be another set that will eventually sell for much more than the daily spot price of Silver.

The few of you who DID purchase all 10 of the Zombucks series should be very pleased at seeing the asking price for a set of all 10 NOW.

They are just going to continue to escalate in value.

Good Luck and happy collecting.
The above post by Badey.
I buy on eBay for those members who are interested and YES, I did purchase a Superman. (See Above)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Chinese banks ready to replace funnymoney Fedreserve with SDR notes private issue...
I'm not searching 42 pages to see if this image is posted :tongue:, but our OWN funny money oughta strike fear in your heart!

:eek5:

ALONG those lines, I have these taped to my pistol cabinet - as a REMINDER, of the true "value" of all paper money...

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
So far....3 Horsemen of the Apocalypse. No 4th horse yet???
And then the final one is supposed to be a 10 OZ w/ all four horses.
Looks like we're all safe for now.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Spooky what seems to happen to all fiat "money" at some point in time, keep on stackin'

Reactions: BigJon10125

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Precious metals, brass and lead.

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
The 4th of the Horsemen is available now and the 10 OZ w/ all four on one bar.

I think the 10 OZ will have to wait a month.

·
Super Moderator
17,279 Posts
I recently got a nice surprise, while digging through drawers looking for a watch I wanted to send off for repair I found 50oz of silver I had forgot about. this was silver I purchased back in the 70-80s at $4-$5/oz, I wish my savings accounts would appreciate like that has.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Seems timely to revive this thread. I don't really think it is a zombie thread as it wasn't someone asking for a gun rec and then years passing.

So, tons more fiat money printed since this thread has started. Also some other developments like the Utah and Nevada Goldbacks.

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
It's always a good time to talk a bit about Silver.

I was just checking on some of the asking prices for various "Silver Shield" ounces today.
Folks are purchasing them for their collector value which is unbelievably higher up than daily spot price for Silver.

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
What the HECK is going on???
The U.S. Mint is now pricing 1 OZ. uncirculated Silver Eagles at $67.00 each???

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
I recently got a nice surprise, while digging through drawers looking for a watch I wanted to send off for repair I found 50oz of silver I had forgot about. this was silver I purchased back in the 70-80s at $4-$5/oz, I wish my savings accounts would appreciate like that has.
You Lucky Dog You!!!
Some may be worth much more as collectible than daily spot.

It's incredibly tough to buy ounces at anywhere near spot these days.
I think that there is a shortage of physical metal.
Mine closures due to Covid?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
You Lucky Dog You!!!
Some may be worth much more as collectible than daily spot.

It's incredibly tough to buy ounces at anywhere near spot these days.
I think that there is a shortage of physical metal.
Mine closures due to Covid?
Major disconnect between the spot price and the price for physical. You can get paper at spot but if you want the real thing, it costs more. This started right with covid. All the dealers immediately sold out of physical. Premiums were up as much as $12 for generic then too! The US mint announced that ASE production will be a record breaker this year, they are required to mint to meet demand.

I did manage to order a couple Mexican 5 oz Silver Libertads from an APMEX flash sale yesterday for a pretty decent price. Other than that, haven't bought all spring.

For some good deals, I have bought here for years:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Suggest that whoever is interested buy the Four Horsemen Of The Apocalypse series.

Firstly they are beautifully rendered. :yup:

I had already purchased the first one released a while back. The white horse of conquest.

The second I bought on a pre-sale The red horse of war.

I think that one has already shipped but, it's on its way.

I believe #1 is already selling for more than I paid for mine.

I actually think there will be 5 total with #5 featuring all four on 1 OZ.

I think this will be another set that will eventually sell for much more than the daily spot price of Silver.

The few of you who DID purchase all 10 of the Zombucks series should be very pleased at seeing the asking price for a set of all 10 NOW.

They are just going to continue to escalate in value.

Good Luck and happy collecting.
The above post by Badey.
I buy on eBay for those members who are interested and YES, I did purchase a Superman. (See Above)
I have not followed that series. What's going on with them?

·
Super Moderator
23,987 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
How to buy a 1 oz Silver Eagle and a 1 oz Silver Maple Leaf for 19.99 each. Shipped! Under SPOT PRICE

The guys on the subRreddit Silverbugs, pointed out this opportunity. Littleton coin has a special offer for new customers. Usually Littleton sells overpriced stuff but this is worth it to me. You do have to do a little work.

Here's the deal. You can buy the 2020 Silver Eagle for $19.99 if you sign up for their monthly coins in the mail service. That is no credit card fees and no shipping costs. Below the spot price of $24.50. Usually Silver Eagles sell for about a $3.00 premium to spot, so the chance to buy below spot is great. Premiums have also been very high since covid. $6-$10 has been normal.

For comparison, buying one 2020 Silver Eagle from Apmex will cost you $41 with CC fees and shipping. Probably can buy one on eBay for less with free shipping, but definitely not below spot.

When the Silver Eagle arrives, you will get a coin to consider. This is like the old music clubs where they mail you something each month. That sucks but hang in there. The first coin they send is a Canadian Maple Leaf. Again for 19.99 for a one ounce silver govt bullion coin. Sweet! Another bullion coin below spot with no premium, no cc fees, no shipping. Go ahead and pay for it.

Next, you have to get out of this club. Anything they send you after this will be very overpriced. When the next coin arrives, write "CANCEL" in big letters and send it back. By all accounts, they are very good about cancelling people's "coins for review" subscriptions.

That's it. 2 ounces of govt bullion silver for 40 bucks total. Woohoo.!!

Here is the Reddit discussion:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Silverbugs/comments/jjsksn
Here is the link to the Littleton promotion. There is a box that says "Dept #". You must enter: 5rh600 in the little box. Takes you directly to the offer.

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
I have not followed that series. What's going on with them?
I did a fast completed search to see what has actually been sold.
Overall pretty well.
As usual with Ebay depends on Seller feedback rating etc.
No attempt to make my prediction true. I think I left out as many high ones as those that are around $33 & Ship
Death - 50 40 50 54 35 35 57.50 40.52
Conquest - 69 56 99 60.55
War - 36 109 68
Famine - 48 61 39 60.88 47

Set of 4 - 225 229 199 240 202.50

The 10 OZ Final - 385 335.86 346.50 350 472.50 359 307.99

None of these were the "graded" which of course were higher but somewhat all over the place - trending toward higher.
Since I am on my phone - please forgive the lack of dollar signs since w/ my present keyboard I would need to hit !#1 to add a $ to each figure.

So....bottom line - I am happy for what I paid for each which was around 20 & free ship. Sometimes 22. I don't recall what I paid for the 10 OZ but I think it was 220 but, it was a while before I even knew it was already out and listed.
I hope this helps. I usually dont search Ebay "completed" - i just go with my gut.
I will say that when the Silver Shields are released I am going to start buying more than 1 of the ones i like.
They do come out with a lot of designs that I personally am not interested in owning.
I wish I would have bought more of some rather than just one.

621 - 640 of 654 Posts