Defensive Carry banner

Silver!

55K views 653 replies 74 participants last post by  MMinSC 
#1 ·
Silver is down below $16. If you are wanting to get some silver, now is a great time to buy.

Of course, it could go down further, but I haven't seen it this low in a long time.

#2 ·
Silver has not been this low in a very long time. Yes, it could go even lower as (may very well) Gold.
If it (Silver) goes too much lower the Silver mines will LOSE money by mining, refining & minting it so they may shut down and that possibly will start sending prices back up again. Who knows though. :confused: Metals are a very highly manipulated market these days.
There continues an intentional effort to keep folks out of PMs and in the paper dollar.

I am going to just continue to buy about 5 ounces per month. Either way "up or further down" doing that will not break my bank.

#26 ·
There continues an intentional effort to keep folks out of PMs and in the paper dollar. .
I am intrigued. Would you please elaborate?
I am going to just continue to buy about 5 ounces per month. Either way "up or further down" doing that will not break my bank.
This is what I've been doing too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#4 ·
On a more serious note, I need to take the time to pull money out of the market. I do not trust where we are - I think the market is seriously over-priced right now. Unemployment and more importantly employment participation is really ugly and company profits are generally being driven by cost cutting; which is not a sustainable business model. Europe is a mess and China is a bubble waiting to burst. I am going to pull everything out and sit on the sidelines for a while to see what happens. I may need to pick up some precious metals to diversify a bit.

Thanks for the tip and reminder!

#16 ·
Do you have a gold, silver, coin dealer near you? You may be able to buy from them on-line if their not physically close.

If you were to buy soon, I would buy bags of pre-1964 coins (90% silver) or buy bars. The coins will NEVER drop below their facevalue (they are still legal to use as money). Bars do not have the premium price/oz that minted coins have.

That said, there are some 1oz. silver coins I would buy, JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE PRETTY!

#12 ·
I still have my 401K 100% in the S&P. I am not ready to pull the plug yet because Nov-Jan are usually the most bullish months. That said, I am keeping my finger on the trigger. We are overdue for a correction of 10-20%, IMHO.

#13 ·
Although the current trend in metals (gold, silver ..etc) means people who have a lot of them are loosing value, I for one am pleased to see this trend. When rich people got scared, they bought gold thinking a period of hyperinflation was around the corner. Seeing gold drop in price, means they are over their fear.

Silver is 1000 times more plentiful and 100 times more useful. Seeing silver at these prices is a good thing for the same reasons. It was a personal frustration that first gold, then silver ever got to those levels! As the wealth hoarders loose their fear of investing in business, products and those employed by such businesses, we "the unwashed masses" finally have a chance to grow our lives again. Good news indeed!

#20 ·
Gold and silver are not going up anytime in the near future. Gold and bonds will continue to lose money until there is any sign of rising interest rates, which won't happen any time soon. Equities are the best place to invest. The market is at all time highs and is not over sold. There are some good buys right now mostly in the US but also in Europe. Oil has almost bottomed. Now would probably be a good time to be buying refineries and some oil service companies. There will always be a need for energy. Solar is a loser at least until 2016. Coal is now a buy, at least for the next couple months.

Reactions: AzQkr
#25 ·
Gold is portable intrinsic wealth that has been recognized the world over for many thousands of years.
That will always be the case.

If you were forced out into a SHTF bug out scenario you could not cram $30,000 in Gold Dot Ammunition into your backpack but, you could easily fit $30,000 in Gold into your pants pocket.

It is a way to take some concentrated, compact, wealth with you in such a time when you may be forced to leave almost everything else behind. That is its value.

#27 ·
I buy silver coins and Winchester Silvertip 175 grain 10mm. Silver, gold, and oil/gas prices will go back up. Lead & copper ammunition may be the best commodity if things go really bad.

An older friend of mine told me his father owned a rural small general store in the Southeast when the Great Depression hit. He had just received a large order of .22 rifles and ammunition just before the stock market crash occurred. People would come in and trade food and other things for five .22 rounds. It got their family through the depression.

#29 ·
Precious metals are always a good long term investment.
I do believe that one should add lead to the "precious" category as it is no longer being produced in the USA.

#35 ·
What kind of printer do you have that will print IF the Grid goes down???? Out of ink/paper and none to be found at any price anywhere? Etc. etc. etc.

#36 ·
Buy silver or gold coin, to hold, forget "investment" soon, as the whole worlds monetary system swirls around the chaos of monetary warfare, what a hoot...the rebublican winners going to build that pipeline from Canada to Gulf, somebody should tell them it wont be financed, as all the tar sand blackgold is toxic below 75-80 a barrel crude, heck, the Canadian are all looking for the exits because they are bleeding at 45-50 a barrel ...that impossibally old Saudi king dyeing in his bed for now what, 4 years ?? think he knows the crap his family is pulling down on the world ? could it be that the strongest currency on the planet is the US dollar and its derivitives, and its not cheap oil, but strong dollars, and lots of them, good luck figuring that out, buy gold or silver to hold, forget paper, best investment for future is brown liqiour, and bic lighters.....gust sayn

#39 ·
Do not buy Precious Metals to "make a profit" - DO have physical possession of some precious metal in order to have it as an additional SHTF insurance policy because Gold and Silver will never be worth nothing.

Buy some only if you can afford to do so with some money that you won't miss very much.

Gold and Silver may just "tank" further in coming years but, if confidence in the dollar is ever shaken or lost then Gold and Silver will skyrocket in value.

Historically "paper money" has sometimes been worth only paper.

For the exact same reason that you would not take your entire life savings and buy .22 long Rifle ammunition or cans of SPAM - you would not want to do that buying precious metals.

#40 ·
But, see now IF you guys were paying attention and you would have started buying the ZOMBUCKS for around $23.00 - $24.00 each & Free Shipping - back on the forum when I said: "Buy Some ZOMBUCKS!"

You would have already made a nice healthy profit. But, you would be getting in the game too late now. Boo Hoo.

A set of the first 5 are already selling for $265.00+

#42 ·
And (yes I'll admit it) I felt those were "cool novelty items" all this time LOL on me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.