Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can find a Key for the Internal lock on my 340, with minimal effort? I just realized I was not sent one when I bought mine. Don't use it, just need it in case. A lock with no key is a liability. I checked Ebay but nothing came up. i maybe using the incorrect search terms. Also checked GB. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mine was stuck to the inside of the case in a plastic baggie....Hard to see. Might want to look again.
oldogy

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
Mine was also hidden under the foam in the case, look around some. I'm sure you could contact S&W and they would send you one.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Call S&W.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Try S&W customer service 800-331-0852/413-781-8300 ect 2905

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought it used off of GB. Had it a few months now. Just realized it wasnt there. Looked already under foam.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Yup, just call Smith & Wesson. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
You don't really need the key...don't ever use it...put it away in the case and forget it. If your gun has lock problems, a key isn't going to fix it.
I don't know anyone who has had difficulties with the lock mechanism...none with mine in the last 4 years.:wave:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I removed my lock; but I think I still have the key, I'll have to look to be sure. I'll drop it in the mail if you want it.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would be absolutely awesome. I just dont wanna fool with removing it, but I don't wanna have it and no key. Ill PM the address. Let me know if you find it.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anybody have pictures of a Karl Sokol lock removal job. He supposedly will remove and do something to "disguise the hole" Have no clue how that is just curious.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I left the actual lock in place, but took out the linkage. Mine looks like no different.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Anybody have pictures of a Karl Sokol lock removal job. He supposedly will remove and do something to "disguise the hole" Have no clue how that is just curious.
I've seen that but it seemed a bit more involved than I cared to get. I just removed the flag locking mechanism and put the gun back together leaving the hole as is.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts