Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bought two more Beretta Nano's, put a APX Carry grip on one of them Super mild shooters with great DAO triggers. One of the Nano's just recently went past the 10.000 rd mark and runs like a sewing machine. Also bought a second Kahr CM 9. Love these guns and like the Beretta has a beautiful DAO trigger. Smooth, controlled Deliberate.

Nano and Nano with New Apx Carry Grip

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not a single stack, but it is DAO, hammer fired. (Magazine holds 10 rounds)
These are very inexpensive, the best thing about them. I held one for quite some time with the hope it would eventually feel good in my hand, it did not. So even though it was under $200, I could not convince myself to buy it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had a Sig P938 SAS, it had issues, more than one; I traded mine away, now shoot a Kimber Micro 9 Nightfall. Also have a Mossberg MC1sc, which has been a surprise in many ways; all of them good! Shoots nicely, comfortable, reliable, and I can shoot it quite accurately. It also is reasonably priced. Never had a polymer Kahr, but I have a K9, it's nice and has been trouble free for the 10 years I've had it. Unfortunately, the metal frame Kahrs are not cheap, but they are also not semi-disposables like some polymers seem to be. I suggest going to your LGS and holding all the different models you find interesting. Try holding it as if to shoot with both left and right handed. Never know when you might need to. Seriously grasp it like you will be when shooting it. Some firearms naturally seem to feel better than others, for a variety of reasons. I've spent weeks going back and forth and trying different models at different stores at times. As much as I'd like to, I cannot afford to buy everything out there. So I want to be sure it's what I will actually enjoy, and be able to comfortably operate and carry all day if needed.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You might try to find a Ruger LC9 (not the LC9S striker fired). They are some sweet little hammer fired guns. Perfect for people With revolver trigger fingers, imo.

They have one like new in box at my lgs I've been eyeing for myself.

As a matter of fact, I have it's younger brother, an LC9S, in my pocket at this very moment. It's riding in an El paso Saddlery Co pocket holster.
I carry a Ruger LC9S-Pro with Big Dot sights. i carry it in a AZULA IWB holster. A great combination that is simple to use and out to 15 yds is a great little gun. Good luck on your hunt and remember to practice, practice, and practice some more .... plus I carry an extra magazine in a AZULA IWB magazine holder.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I carry Boberg (front pocket), these days it is 9mm Bond Arms bulpup:

https://www.bondarms.com/bond-arms-handguns/bond-arms-bullpup/

it has 7+1, DAO, recoil is decently mild thanks to rotary locking system, so it will work decent for lady. And it has a punch of a compact in much smaller - pocket, almost mouse gun size - package. But it is expensive, so if money is of matter...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have carried a Ruger LC-9 for the last 6 years daily in a DeSantis IWB holster. Very comfortable and since its the only EDC i practice with I am accurate with it. Not Jerry Michulak fast or accurate but I can hold my own.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
My favorite single stack, that I own is a Sig 239. Easy to conceal, gun at the range. It is about the same size and weight (when loaded) as a G19 with less capacity. But to me it is easier to conceal than a G19.
I have never owned a 1911 9mm, but I will one day, then the 239 will probably take a back seat.

·
Registered
897 Posts
That CPX pink camo thing is truly gosh-awful ugly! I don't care how it shoots, I'd be too embarrassed to even think about carrying it. Of course that is my opinion.
I was making some arrows for my Granddaughter's recurve and asked her if she wanted pink feathers on them. She gave me "that look" and said they'd be fine if I was going to hunt flamingos.

·
Premium Member
7,165 Posts
Thanks everyone! I ended up buying a Kahr pm9, shield, and smith revolver. After shooting at the range she loves the Kahr
And you get to keep the spares for yourself?

Reactions: Wavygravy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not going to agree with such tight specs better for her to carry
Ruger LCR357 or
Springfield Hellcat w/high power 9mms - ref. Lucky Gunner Labs for ammo test results

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
My wife is looking for a single stack 9mm DAO or decocker to carry. She is more comfortable with DA. She currently carries a revolver but She wants something that is a little more enjoyable to shoot. The only thing I can think of is a Kahr. Does anyone have a suggestion she should try
Walther PPS M2 without a doubt. 6, 7, and 8 round mags. Shoots like a fill size gun. Very reliable. I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 60 Posts