Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At one time I would have said this was astonishing. But not anymore.

Note: If you are not familiar with bitcoin, it's an untraceable currency, which is why it is being used.

from Newsweek

A website has appeared on the dark web calling for donations to facilitate the assassination of President-elect Donald Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence.

The Terminating Donald Trump site includes the address of a bitcoin wallet to which people can make donations. The attached account has so far received 115 bitcoins ($88,550), confirmed via the log of bitcoin transactions visible to all on the network.

https://www.newsweek.com/dark-web-site-fundraises-donald-trump-assassination-529566?fbclid=IwAR0T1JfOV0snFPiAfE5uWpyEHU0entojWfpQFqJ2fNo04ZvwtcPLvSxRdzc

·
Premium Member
33,798 Posts
Eighty-eight grand???

Some of those frothing lefties would take the job for free, except for the fact that they are inept and gutless.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Scammers find new ways to get money. Now they are going to assassinate Trump. Before it was Hillary Clinton and Obama. Fanatical, stupid people send them money. That is sad.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
My guess is it is a scam to get money. If you really wanted to do something like that, you wouldn't go public with it, even on the dark web.
That was my first thought as well.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Fake news, is there really a dark web to begin with? I don’t think so. Has anyone here ever been on it? There is so much misinformation out there it’s hard to know what to believe anymore....then again maybe that’s the point. Either these are some crazy times or I’m just getting old. I guess both could be true.

·
Administrator
143,377 Posts
That is pretty sick if it's true.
There seems to be no shortage of "mentally sick" on the planet these days.

I believe that there is a dark web.
Personally I have no use for a dark web or Bitcoin.

I am decently confident that with something this serious that one of the alphabet agencies will be able to get rid of it and send somebody to prison.

Does it even originate in the United States though? It could be on there & posted from any country in the world.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Fake news, is there really a dark web to begin with? I don’t think so. Has anyone here ever been on it? There is so much misinformation out there it’s hard to know what to believe anymore....then again maybe that’s the point. Either these are some crazy times or I’m just getting old. I guess both could be true.
The Dark Web exists, you just don't see it because it doesn't get indexed by the various search engines.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Scammers find new ways to get money. Now they are going to assassinate Trump. Before it was Hillary Clinton and Obama. Fanatical, stupid people send them money. That is sad.
Even if it is a scam. It is still a conspiracy to assasinate a sitting President.
These people need to be found

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Ha, I was reading that very article and came back and saw you had posted the link. Then googled tor and there is a browser you can download. Weird

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Ha, I was reading that very article and came back and saw you had posted the link. Then googled tor and there is a browser you can download. Weird
There's also a plugin for Firefox, should that be your browser.

A basic understanding of the Dark Web may be useful knowledge some day as would a basic understanding of using cryptography. It's hard to predict where things are going...

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Apparently it WAS a scam. President-elect Trump and VP-elect Pence were not assassinated before taking office in 2016.
Once again, I missed the publication date....

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
That's okay. None of us apparently knew about it. Interesting concepts of unconsidered ways in which people find others to do illegal crimes, as well as ways in which criminals scam criminals. Every person that donated money was/is a criminal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts