Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Larry, Moe, and Curly Joe, carrying a stun gun ask if you are so-and-so, what should you say? We know one wrong answer - Yes, I am so-and-so.

I post this, because I have answered that question for complete strangers. Now I realize, that may not be wise. Perhaps, "Who wants to know?". That sounds awful smart alecky. "I'm looking for that sob myself." A little better.

All beg the question of how did these three dudes get close enough to ask this business owner any question as he was opening? Perhaps someone brings over the money later, but it is common to have the cash register money on your person when you open. Therefore, talking to strangers in front of the store is really a bad idea. Look at these mug shots.

3 Missouri men apparently abducted wrong NJ man - STLtoday.com
3 Missouri men apparently abducted wrong NJ man
ASSOCIATED PRESS
01/12/2010

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Authorities say three western Missouri men charged with kidnapping a man in New Jersey apparently abducted the wrong guy.

Forty-six-year-old Douglas Stangeland of Nevada, Mo., appeared in court Monday along with 44-year-old Lonnie Swarnes and 21-year-old Andrew Wadel, both of Rich Hill, Mo.

All three are charged with first-degree kidnapping. Authorities say none have attorneys and all are being held without bond.

Authorities say they believe the alleged kidnapping resulted from mistaken identity.

The suspects allegedly approached 59-year-old pet store owner Jeff Muller of Newton, N.J., outside his business Friday and asked if he was Jeff Muller. When Muller said “yes,” they allegedly shot him with a stun gun, bound his hands and feet and drove him to Missouri.

Authorities aren’t saying why the men were looking for a Jeff Muller, only that they believe the men had the wrong guy.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I think a better response when asked the question is NO.

·
Registered
764 Posts
if those 3 fugly fellas asked me if I was so and so I would say no

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I have absolutely no problem lying to them. Tell them no, it's not me.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I would respond

"Why are you looking for him?"

as I moved away cautiosly to a cover position and prepared to draw if necessary. Answer the question with a question without answering theirs and still get more information. Also a stalling tactic.

·
8,501 Posts
Bounty hunters?

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Something tells me it wouldn't have mattered what he answered.
Would've been better to be more situationally aware and never let them get that close in the first place.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
This is New Jersey..............CCL's are not permitted, I don't care what they say. The majority of the state's populus is unarmed 99.9% time. So what's the big deal about comming up to someone here when they are opening a business......Geezzz.
When one of my son's started working for a bank a few years ago, I would give him a ride in the morning on my way out. When he would get to the bank to open in the AM, there would be Latinos gathered at the banks entrance to stay out of the weather waiting for someone to pick them up for day jobs I guess......Told my son to call the police and have them removed before the bank opened for business................He Did. No one had them removed untill he called it in..........

·
Registered
38,004 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree with this SA crap. It's like some people are so paranoid that anyone getting within 25 yards of them warrents pulling out the cannon. How can you live like that, constantly looking over your shoulder (or up your a--) for a BG? Common sense, yes. Don't go to an ATM at 2:00 am. But jumping though your butt every time someone approaches?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree with this SA crap. It's like some people are so paranoid that anyone getting within 25 yards of them warrents pulling out the cannon. How can you live like that, constantly looking over your shoulder (or up your a--) for a BG? Common sense, yes. Don't go to an ATM at 2:00 am. But jumping though your butt every time someone approaches?
SA isnt the same as paranoia... it just means being aware of whats going on around you. Its up to individuals to what extent they take it. I think its foolish to think there is no need for any SA... thats kind of a "it will never happen to me" mindset. :tired:

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Anyone getting within 25' of me in a mall is certainly expected, but at an ATM (I don't use them), or while I'm opening/closing a business is going to get my dander up...stay back.:ticking:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
how about..."i know him and might be able to help you find him. you have business with him?"...

i really would like to see how far people really have to stay away from most of you guys and how its accomplished because youve got to look like friggin oregon survivalists or spend an awful lot of time looking over your shoulders...

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
"Jeff who?"

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I would have said, "Nope, I'm Smith"

BGs, "Smith who?"

"Smith N. Wesson"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts