Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last day off, my girlfriend and I went out and did some casual plinking with out Ruger single six pistols. Lots of fun to just shoot and not worry about score, training or tactics for a while.
We both own single sixs. Mine is a new model and hers the old model. some nice leather to fit em ,old plastic bottles and empty shotgun hulls and we had a heck of a fun time. Did a little quick draw and some long range plinking.
sorry no pics, she forgot the digital camera she owns. :smile:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Single sixes are hard to beat! When my son moved to Oregon, guess what gun he wanted to take with him? I miss the old girl...

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I like mine a lot - and it is sometimes a toss-up with a ''.22 session'' whether to use that, a Smith K-22 or go semi with 22/45.

Something tho about the SA fella - very traditional and nice to shoot. Only downside for me is loading and unloading - just a tad tedious sometimes!

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
plinking is fun. my family will go and plink with the 22's. sometimes you got to leave the duty weapon in the holster and have fun shooting.

·
Administrator
143,960 Posts
Rimfire Plinking. I love it.
My S&W Model 41 is my preferred plinker ~ flawless, accurate performance & (of course...10 Extra Mags really add to the fun) :yup:

My favorite .22 six gun was a Harrington & Richardson.
Oh why did I ever trade it back? Great FUN wheelie.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I love to fire .22's. All I had was a Browning Buckmark but then one day at work I thought "I NEED to get a .22 revolver".

I went to my local (and the one I always go to) gun shop to look for .22 revolvers. They didn't have any single sixs in stock but he pulled a Heritage Arms .22 from behind the counter. It was nickled and was in the box with the mag cylinder and a neat belt buckle.

$120 later (okay, 10 minutes) I was "out the door" with my new (used) Heritage.

I use it in the back yard all the time. Fun as heck pistol to fire. Reminds me of the old timey cap guns that I had as a kid (with the nickle plating).

With the .22's there is no real serious training but mostly just plinking. Anything that looks like it would make a good target becomes a target (and yes, I am aware of what is beyond).

I want to find a "cap gun" type belt like I had as a kid (and that would fit me) that the pistol will fit into and the silly "texas ranger" type hats that came with the cap gun rigs just so I can be 10 again :biggrin:

Wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts