Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does the SKS firing pin not come out? I did my first detail on it yesterday and for the life of me I could not find a way to take the firing pin out. Is there something I am missing?

It seems like most guns have a pin or something holding it in, I couldn't find such a thing with the SKS.

·
Registered
371 Posts
A sks does have a firing pin bolt on the bolt body
you may have to use a punch to get it out
they get jammed in there pretty good

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Here is a web site that has assembly/dis-assembly manuals for most small arms.
page7b
Just scroll till you find your model. Hope this helps

·
Registered
371 Posts
Totally agree with Saint77 on replacing the pin
to help prevent slamfires. A double shot slamfire
happened to me with my 9mm rifle. Very dangerous

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine already has the spring. I think with all the cosmoline and oil gunk up I couldn't get it to budge, gave up and thought that wasn't it. I was pushing on that pin and it didn't move.

I'll have to give it another go tonight. Maybe I could soak the whole thing in some gun scrubber and that will get the pin loose.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Mine already has the spring. I think with all the cosmoline and oil gunk up I couldn't get it to budge, gave up and thought that wasn't it. I was pushing on that pin and it didn't move.

I'll have to give it another go tonight. Maybe I could soak the whole thing in some gun scrubber and that will get the pin loose.
My Yugo was thoroughly encased in cosmo when I got it, and the bolt was packed full of the stuff. I ended up boiling the bolt after dis assembly to get all that junk out. My pin came out decently easy though. And, just for kicks, I soaked it in oven cleaner for about 30 minutes.

The wife wasnt to happy :lol:

I would boil it. the heat should expand the metals and allow for the pin to loosen up. gently tap it with a pin punch and small hammer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts