Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my new skyy cpx-1 to the range. It was a short sesion due to the weather but it was good. 100 rounds 50 wwb and 50 fiochhi target ammo. I had 100% functioning no jams or faliures to feed or eject. The trigger was long but very smooth and consistant. And I expected more recoil than it delivered. The gun wasnt bad to shoot at all. 100 rounds is alot but Ill probably shoot about 50 or so a month to stay used to it. Overall for the price and its intended use Im impressed with this gun so far. Ill be trying some different defense loads soon to see what it likes. For $260 this might be the ticket for someone on a budget like me. Have a great day Sixgun..:smile:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
ooo do you mean this one?

Sorry got a head cold coming on little slow
tonight and ive only seen one version of the skyy cant imagine it is much different than the other

·
Registered
791 Posts
Thanks for the report, sixgun. Not having seen the Skyy, but interested in finding one to check out, do you intend to use it as a pocket gun like the Kel-Tec? Or do you think it's too big or heavy for that?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx for the feedback - everyone who does that helps flesh out the overall impressions for those who might consider one.

It does seem so far this new gun is well worth a look - I shall continue to monitor with interest.

I just today bought my daughter a Bersa Thunder - mainly because that to me is a very known quanitity and it'll do her for carry initially. Later on - who knows!

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
Skyy

Those Skyy Firearms are a real sleeper.
They look damn good to me.
Snatch em up before the price shoots way up.
Skyy high. :rofl:

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
P95Carry said:
Thx for the feedback - everyone who does that helps flesh out the overall impressions for those who might consider one.

It does seem so far this new gun is well worth a look - I shall continue to monitor with interest.

I just today bought my daughter a Bersa Thunder - mainly because that to me is a very known quanitity and it'll do her for carry initially. Later on - who knows!
Chris, which Bersa? I have an interest in the new .380 Concealed Carry version, but there is not much info on it yet.

Skyy looks good, though I am going to wait until the new Kel-Tec PF-9 makes its appearance before I make a choice.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
George - just the regular original duotone .380. I have been hearing about the newer one which it seems is lighter. I might be interested later depending.

However for now this will do the job - my wife has my original one and likes it - plus I have considerable confidence in it myself. That matters and so enabled me to feel at ease getting a friend of ours to get one for herself.

Logically then I went for a third! At least, as I said I think, it will serve my daughter for her intro phase of carry - and she has already found that platform very acceptable - now we just need some more range time for her soon.

This is my original - so today's buy was exact same.

·
Registered
932 Posts
WHATEVER you do, don't bring up the subject of SKYY on any of the Kel-Tec forums. I made that mistake a few weeks ago and I'm still expecting a knock at the door in the middle of the night by a few K-T hardcore owners!! I believe the whole episode is posted under another area here under manners on the web... or lack of. I also posted a report on my first trip to the range with my CPX about a month ago (http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6605).

BTW, I bought my CPX-1 almost two months ago and came to the same conclusion as SIXGUN. IMHO, it's a well made gun, VERY similar to the K-T P-11. I also own a K-T and think the SKYY CPX-1 is a better made gun and a better value for the dollar than the K-T, though each has some advantages over the other. I'm curious to see what SKYY's two new models will be like since speculation is they will be almost clones (though better made clones if the CPX is an example of future SKYY products) of the P-3AT and new PF-9.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi everyone thanks for the kind words on the new gun. Hey TonyW as for pocket carry I supose if the pockets were big enough you can. But Ill be mainly carring IWB. I carried a bersa thunder that way in a don hume holster and really liked it that way. I feel that these guns are just a bit heavy for pocket carry but thats me. I guess its up to individual tastes on what works for everyone. Im anxious to see skyys new guns. I had to sell the bersa cuase $$ was tight and the skyy is its replacement due to the larger caliber and holding more rounds for the same $$ in my area. Have a great day Sixgun.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
P95 hope you daugther likes her thunder and we would welcome her over at the Bersa board. bersatalk.com
As for
Skyy Firearms I don't like the deal their VP tried to pull over a Ket Tec Boards running downthe KT and telling how great the Skyy were al along claiming not to being a member of the company.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Michael - well seeing as she has shot the other one it is at least not too new for her. Not sure if she is too heavily into gun boards yet - certain distractions like college and - guys!! :wink:

Thx for the invite tho - of course I do run by Horge quite often on THR so always manage to stay in touch. Love his Bersa site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts