Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of factory mags for my beretta 92fs that the slide stop doesn't work on. Is there any way to fix this?

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
Is the inside of the magazine clean? If it is......does the follower push up on the slide stop?

Could be a weak spring or damaged follower....replace both!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
It's probably not the slide stop, but the magazines. I would field strip the gun, then insert the slide stop and move it up and down. It it moves easily, it's the magazines. If it's hard to move then it's the slide stop. Sometimes they can be fixed by polishing the arm. However the slide stop is a part that rarely wears out, I'd bet on the mags needing new springs.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Granted....it's usually the followers that push up on the slide stop. The followers may be getting stuck, the followers may be worn in that spot, or the spring is too weak in those mags.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I would also blame a bad mag. The spring being weak is the main cause. Have you ever had feed problems? It could be the follower getting stuck also. If cleaning the mags really well doesn't solve your problem, I'd replace the springs.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Another for magazine related error.

Mark them visibly and reserve them for range only use or destroy them.
Replace with new mags and move on...If cleaning them does not do the trick.

- Janq

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you

Thanks for all your input. Ill give all your suggestions a try and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts