Defensive Carry banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
I like VTAC and Magpul. Your 90 is looking good, if I were you I would thread the barrel and put a break on it. The break sure did help my MAK 90.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Thanks...saw your comment on the other thread. I do have some US made Tapco magazines that didn't make the picture. The only non US parts that I have put on is the Mako handguard set but I thought they were considered 1 piece altogether...are they considered 2?

TAPCO - Section 922r Compliance

I was figuring I was right at the limit of 10 foreign parts with my Tapco mags (-3), no muzzle break to begin with (-1), Magpul stock (-1), and US Palm Grip (-1)...I do want to be within the law! Thanks for your advice...some other guys I communicated with said that with the MAK90, you only had to swap in 5 US made parts to be compliant since it didn't come with a muzzle break...

Oh, and the cheek riser--I want to pick one up from Magpul when I see them in stock sometime...my brother got the .5" one on his MAK90...I guess they offer .25" and .75" ones as well...thanks for your help!
Zeebra,

I believe you are good to go if you use US made mags. I actually did the Tapco G2 trigger change out so I could use any mag I wanted. I have not had issues with Tapco mags (minor sanding of the lip for fitting), but frankly I really like traditional AK mags and bulgy mags. This also eliminated any chance of me accidentally mixing and matching the wrong mag. I also found that the .5 Magpul riser works best for AK's. Here is an old picture of my MAK-90, I have since threaded the barrel and added a PRS muzzle break.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts