Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about this a coupla years ago elsewhere but remembered it again.

I got to thinking when relishing a good chunk of (greasy) KFC a while ago - how well I could if I had to to - draw and control gun, with effectively lubricant covered hands! Same might apply if working under the hood on car etc - just now and again - hands could be real slippy.

The KFC ''solution'' is essentially prodigious use of napkins - lots of 'em - so that between each handling I wipe off. Just seems that it would be real ''Murphy'' to have this problem, just when not needed :biggrin2:

Gastronomic vulnerability :wink:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Chris,

Place the piece of chicken between the thumb and forefinger of the weak hand with the pinky in the raised position...no self respecting BG would ever attack during the gastronomic vulnerability with that pose.

Best,

Fred

·
Registered
810 Posts
I thought I was the only person who thought about these kinds of things! Actually, I eat chicken pieces/wings/etc. with my left hand only, just for that reason. Going a bit further, I have to be in a pretty secure place for me to even carry anything in my right hand.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha - well Fred that is something I have tried but - due to extreme slippy factor, it sometimes fails to maintain control over the chicken :biggrin2:

I do try to manage left handed but it's so much easier with both. Guess I'll continue to be profligate with napkin useage :wink:

·
Registered
427 Posts
I couldn't resist on this one Chris...but more to the point, BGs don't care where you are or what you're doing if they think you're a viable/vulnerable target.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Are you advocating "fried chicken control"??!!

Great, next you'll be after our hotwings and ribs!! :p

Knights of old wrapped the hilts of their swords with various materials so they could maintain their grip even when their hands were slick with blood... sharkskin and wire wraps were two popular ones. Perhaps we need sharkskin wrapped pistol grips.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, next you'll be after our hotwings and ribs!!
Yep - if I can get 'em :18:

Good point re old days and blood - that would be well tricky when hands covered. Yuk - messy business battle in them times - slash and thrust!

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Slightly Off Topic.

Well, concerning chickens...where I come from the wings gets tossed into the trash can right alongside the chicken feet.

What?...you guys don't eat the chicken beaks too?

Them there wings are the garbage part of the chicken and are not to be eaten no matter what sort of sauce gets slapped on those damn pitiful feather quill embedded skinny worhless things.

Just my opinion on that.

The entire world gets my lifetime share of chicken wings.
Enjoy them folks. You all can have all of mine.
Try not to choke on them.:image035:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I try to avoid having both hands occupied at the same time. For example, when carrying bags of groceries, I only use my left hand. If I've got too much to carry in one hand, I use the cart so I can let go if neccessary. When it comes to eating "messy" food like fried-chicken or hot-wings I usually hold the food in my left hand, and use a fork with my right hand to avoid getting both hands greasy.

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Well Chris

This is probably the very best forum opportunity that I'll ever have to shamelessly PLUG my new book. I hope that every forum member will go out and buy a copy.

Don't Let This One Slip Out Of Reach.
Pick Up Your Copy Today...If You Can.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I don't usually get that messy eating. Also use of weak hand for many tasks , keeps my gun hand free.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahaha QK - reserve me a copy ! :biggrin2: Nice job!

Indeed Bud - slippy/sloppy ribs with loadsa sauce - just as much trouble :wink:

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
Chris...yep, I worked a full 30 minutes to get that book onto the web...I only have the front cover completed at this point in time though.:biggrin2:

Actually one of the reasons why I like non~checkered Ivory grips so much is that Ivory is the only natural material that has the unique property of not getting slippy when wet with water.

I'm sure they would slide quite a bit if greasy though.

·
Registered
750 Posts
QKShooter, put me down for a copy, too! :biggrin2:

I hate to admit this, but I'm sure none of you will tell . . .

I eat all manner of greasy, slippery, messy foods with my weak hand only. I learned the fine art because I spend waaaay too much time on the computer and hate having to clean the mouse after every meal.

Oh well, I had a life, once. . . :redface:

Next time I go fishing, I'll see if I can land a shark. Might try wrapping some sharkskin around the G23's grips.

"Hey, are you packin'?"

(sniff, sniff)

"Nevermind, I can smell the answer from here!" :dead:

mm

·
Registered
940 Posts
I haven't had the problem with the stock Sig grips even after doing lots of greasy food or working with oils restoring flood-damaged guns etc. I could see it being an issue with some of the rubber grips, though.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
maybe the answer is practice. go out to the hills, oil up your hands and practice shoooting all slippery. Good excuse for a picnic of KFC

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
QK, put me down for a copy....... Looks like a must have and a best seller! :rofl:

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
The Book

"QK, put me down for a copy....... Looks like a must have and a best seller!"

The book is selling decently well, my Mom & my Sister have promised to buy a copy. So...that's four total...so far...I think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Serious Issue

Kompact9:
You jest, but did you know that every 94.7 seconds someone is shot dead with a handgun while consuming foodstuffs? No, this is not a total world statistic - this is a statistic for the STATE OF TEXAS ALONE.
Think about it...That person eating fried chicken could be a friend or loved one...
PWGD

Kompact9 said:
Chris,

Place the piece of chicken between the thumb and forefinger of the weak hand with the pinky in the raised position...no self respecting BG would ever attack during the gastronomic vulnerability with that pose.

Best,

Fred

1 - 20 of 25 Posts