Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been working on my dry firing (revolver) with A-Zoom snap caps. Well I've noticed recently that when I squeeze the trigger sometimes the cylinder does not rotate. It does not do this all the time…but it does happen. At first I thought I was not letting the trigger reset. So I look at the snap cap and see small little holes in the primer section of the snap cap. But these small holes are around the rim of the snap cap. Unfortunately, I am not a gunsmith and have no knowledge of "breaking down" a revolver.

What causes this? For this is my CC piece and don't want it to fail if ever needed! Please advise. Thanks

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
If the cylinder is not rotating when the trigger is pulled you need to stop carrying it and get it to a gunsmith. It sounds like you have something either loose or broken, causing the cylinder not to rotate. The holes on the edges of snap caps may very well be an indication of the cylinder not rotating completely and the hammer dropping and the firing pin missing the primer. DON'T trust you life to this gun until it has been checked out and repaired.

·
Registered
175 Posts
if the cylinder is not rotating when the trigger is pulled you need to stop carrying it and get it to a gunsmith. It sounds like you have something either loose or broken, causing the cylinder not to rotate. The holes on the edges of snap caps may very well be an indication of the cylinder not rotating completely and the hammer dropping and the firing pin missing the primer. don't trust you life to this gun until it has been checked out and repaired.
+++1. Get that gun to a gunsmith in a hurry!!

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
what brand of gun? the cylinder should turn each time when you pulll the trigger, no matter what is inside it (snap caps, live ammo, empty). if it don't then something is either broken inside the gun and/or locked up.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
If the cylinder is out of time it will cause funky things to happen. You need to get your revolver repaired.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CA .44 special…this morning I did over 200 dry firers and at about 225-230 the cylinder skipped. Previously, when at the range…every time I squeeze the trigger the gun goes bang

·
Registered
469 Posts
Does not matter KoB, get it to a smith and get it checked. This might happen when you draw for self defense.
~Steve

·
Registered
369 Posts
Does not matter KoB, get it to a smith and get it checked. This might happen when you draw for self defense.
~Steve
And just as bad, if it does not align properly at the range....well....bad things happen :gah:. Get er to the gunsmith. :yup:

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
And just as bad, if it does not align properly at the range....well....bad things happen :gah:. Get er to the gunsmith. :yup:
Things will go very bad in a big way. If this happens the OP new nickname will be Lefty!!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL…headed to the gunsmith as soon as I get off work!

Thanks for the input!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts