Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciated everyones input on my Para-ordnance 12.45 LDA purchase. AND guess what ? I have a problem. The same problem that most of you had on your para's. EXTRACTION... because I have a PRE-X pistol.
THe magazines' ok... but the guns' extraction problem will be handled accordingly, with a new HD extractor. Otherwise...the gun handles like a dream. I can do triple taps with it and I can still control my aim.
That just blows me away. It drew alot of other folks attention too... :image035:
Just wanted to let you know.... Arthur :wave:

·
Administrator
144,232 Posts
Ya might as well just get the ol' extractor taken care of...then you'll have yourself a nice totally reliable firearm.
Nice worthwhile "easy shooting" firearm so...well worth putting the extra bucks into it to get it 100%.
Just do it and don't look back. :biggrin2:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Art - hopefully a heavy duty ''Bulletproof'' extractor will have the desired result.

My cast extractor on my P12.45, (since sold) - had what was probably a small chip initially and then a huge chunk missing from the claw.

Once I realized how bad that had gotten, I fitted the HD bulletproof and she ran just great.

I do think extraction issues are potentially quite common, certainly with cast extractors - that and mags contribute to most troubles I think.

Glad you like the gun tho - I expect it feels as mine did and I loved shooting it - soooo comfortable.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Art........Yup........get that lil extractor fixed up, and you're goin to be cruzin big time ..........

·
Administrator
144,232 Posts
I'm sure you'all already know this but, an extractor issue is a minor problem BUT, the new extractor needs to be perfectly fit.

A properly fit extractor is mandatory for good functioning & very few will just drop right in & then run 100%.

Do it right! It's well worth the small amount of extra effort.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh I will fix it.... that lil' piece is starting to become my fav.
It is so sweet shootin'... :hand10:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
How do you like the LDA? I have been wanting one, I had a Tac 4 on order,but at the last minite I got the LTC. I now I like the single action, but that LDA did feel nice. So I guess in a year or so I may have to check it out again.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I received my replacement extractor from Brownells. I choose a Ed Brown bulletproof version.
Very straight-forward on replacement of the part.
Sunday, I went out to the range and had my way with her for a while.
Not a misfire or burp....sure is a sweet shootin' piece. :image035:
This one is good enough to make me sell half my inventory for fear of not shooting them any longer... :gah:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts