Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone share with me the Smallest 1911 in the world. I don't care what caliber it is (provided at least 9mm) just want to know which model is the absolute smallest overall.

·
Super Moderator
18,255 Posts
Can someone share with me the Smallest 1911 in the world. I don't care what caliber it is (provided at least 9mm) just want to know which model is the absolute smallest overall.
Not a 9mm but the Colt Government model 380 is the smallest I have seen that is based on the 1911 pattern.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Springfield EMP in 9mm is pretty small and easily concealable . . . though, I doubt it is the absolute smallest.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Actually, I want to say that honor goes to either the Cylinder&Slide Adventurer or the the Detonics Combat Master. :wink:
Unless going for a chop down (example), the Adventurer has the Combat Master down for a bit. As a note, the prior to the current owner of Detonics seems to have produced a version without the cut in the back for thumb cocking (see pictures #2 & #4 in the Combat Master's link above/page #3, second gun from the top on Detonic's catalog).

Heres a thread I opened a while back about the shortest 1911:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbull...acp-grip-lenght-height-not-barrel-lenght.html

Reviews:

Detonics CombatMaster 1911

New CST "Adventurer" .45 ACP

·
Registered
242 Posts
In 45 the C&S Adventurer wins. However, as mentioned earlier, the EMP is sized down to fit a 9mm.
Here's my Adventurer

·
Super Moderator
22,296 Posts
The Semmerling is probably the smallest .45, but it's not a 1911, it's actually not even a semi-automatic.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I guess I'd ask "What makes it a 1911?" The Sig 238 is based on the 1911, but is it a 1911?

The Detonics is pretty small, but I'd have to think the EMP 9mm might be smaller, and lighter.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yep you are right about the Semmerling, was thinking smallest 45, when in fact the question is smallest 1911.

Looking some more, the C&S adventurer out does the Detonics combat master by being 3/4" shorter. Haven't looked at the EMP specs yet.

·
Administrator
21,427 Posts
Yep you are right about the Semmerling, was thinking smallest 45, when in fact the question is smallest 1911.

Looking some more, the C&S adventurer out does the Detonics combat master by being 3/4" shorter. Haven't looked at the EMP specs yet.
The EMP is taller, and about the same thickness, the only real change in dimensions from a standard 3" 1911 was the circumference of the grip frame.

·
Super Moderator
22,296 Posts
The Sig 238 is based on the 1911, but is it a 1911?
No, it's not a 1911, it's not even based on a 1911, it only looks similar. It's loosely based on the Colt Government 380, which was a copy of the old Star DK.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I assume that we are talking about currently produced 1911s, but I don't think that we can discuss chopped 1911 without mentioning A. Behlert.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think the Para "PDA" in 9mm is the smallest 1911 "type". It is 1911 but with a LDA trigger. weighs 23 oz, 6.4 " long, 4.75 " tall.

Doc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts