Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went by one of my local gun stores to check out a J frame S&W or similar size Ruger revolver... and there were none! zero .38 specials. The store was full of modern rifles again, but no small revolvers. The sales person said they are running 3 CCW classes per day (they used to have 1 or 2/week), and can't keep any concealable weapons in store, including small 9mm. Has anyone seen a similar situation in other places?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah its pretty similar up here. Not quite that bad, but most guns worth having are gone.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
same here in tn. hard to find any small pistol.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
It's the same around Central Florida, too! Keep in mind that FL has the largest number of CCW permits in the nation...topped a million quite a while ago.
Note to criminals: Leave the Florida Gray Hairs Alone!:comeandgetsome::comeandgetsome::comeandgetsome::comeandgetsome::comeandgetsome::comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Yeah its pretty similar up here. Not quite that bad, but most guns worth having are gone.
Same around here. More so with semis though.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
I must be doing something right. This week I bought a Bersa Thunder 380, picking it up tomorrow, and I also scored on 5000 small pistol primers from Midway USA. I also bought a cc revolver about a month ago from the same LGS that had the Bersa. If you have an FFL they can ship to you. I'm not sure I can mention a business name in a post. Don't want to get in trouble, so good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
Funny you bring that up. I just got my Colt 1911 today and they did not have any small wheel guns. I had to look around when they were calling in the paperwork so I looked at all of the guns. They had a bunch of big glocks and 1911s. For Wheel guns only the really big ones. next to no ammo or reloading supplys

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Most of the pistol cases are near empty at my LGS , seems only Taurus brand is well stocked .

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Come to think of it, I haven't seen a lot of small revolvers. Scheel's had a Taurus 85 today, maybe one little J-frame. They did have a few small autos. I love my Beretta Nano but I don't really need another small gun, so most of my drooling has been over the service-pistol-sized guns.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Some small revolvers are still available. But now most of the small semi-autos are becoming harder to find though. Much like the elusive Shield`s, the g26, & Elsie Pea`s have joined its ranks in my area.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
My LGS is Margate Florida has quite a few small revolvers (Ruger, S&W, Rossi, Taurus) both new and some fine used ones. In fact I just picked up a brand new "J" frame 637-2 Bling gun, a limited edition called
GUNSMOKE after the TV show, also marked WYATT DEEP COVER. Very interesting grips. Black hard plastic boot grips with gold colored S&W logo's. The right grip has a hook like an old Baharami hip grip.

OK I got off subject... sorry. Anyway she has quite a few snubbies, and even more pocket sized autoloaders... some new, some used.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 3- sub compact gun's. Friend's of mine now get it on small gun's. My sw642 , 15oz, even loaded with 125 +p . You don't know you are carrying it.
Hot summer the gun slips in the front pocket of my cargo shorts, no rust pits. Also carry mp9c and xd40sc when weather is not so hot. Still love my Beretta 92 and Glock 21,
and have carried them in the winter in MN. I feel by the time I shoot 5 X's with the 642 and go for my speed strips, game over ?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Yep....same way in my neck of the woods. Was looking for another SP101 yesterday and found none. Shame......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts