Votes: 72 61.5%
  • C

Votes: 13 11.1%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Smartcarry is one of those things that seems to generate a lot of opinions and heated discussion. In order to help those who might be considering one, I'd like to do a poll.

This poll is ONLY for folks who have actually used a Smartcarry. Based on your experience with it:

A. It is the holster I use most often.

B. I like it, but only use it when deep concealment is needed.

C. I tried it, but it did not work for me. I sent it back.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
B for me. I use my SC mainly in the summer/warm days, when carrying IWB, OWB or pocket are not suitable options.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
"B" for me too. I prefer IWB at 1600. :wink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
I adore mine and I use it every single day to carry a Taurus PT 24/7 pro in 45 with spare 12 rd mag. I keep my gun on me everywhere, all the time and no one has ever noticed. I even challenged my aunt (Who has her CHL as well) when we got on the subject of concealment to try to figure out where i was carrying. Even after I told her she couldnt see.

Mines two years old and just now in need of replacment. Thats well over 700 days of solid use, drenched in sweat in the 100 degree heat working outdoors, laying under cars, lounging around, you name it. My gun is where it needs to be, all day every day and no one can get their hands on it without me knowing about it. If you've got business in that "zone" then you can know I carry a weapon!

Alex!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I voted "A" for my wife.

When casual she goes OWB no problem, dressing for work she has to go with smart carry.

I haven't worn it enough to form an opinion.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I would say A&B it is the holster I use most often and thats when I need the most concealment. I have other holsters that I wear. Normally on the weekends I carry IWB at 3:30 ish just for a change. Everyday at work and while just living life my Glock 26 is carried in my Smartcarry. My wife likes the fact I can tuck my shirt in to go to dinner and I like the fact I dont have to look all tactical.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I chose "B", because it was the most applicable, though I'm not worried about deep concealment. I wear it for comfort at home after work and on weekends. I love the thing under sweatpants or loose shorts. Works good OWB at 3:00 too, when lounging about the house.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same as roalho said: I chose "B" for the same reasons.
I live in the middle of nowhere and when I'm out on our property (or just hanging around the house), I'm either wearing sweatpants or shorts w/o a belt. So the smartcarry works perfect then. I wear it either at 1500 or appendix style.

I use a supertuck when I'm not home and am wearing a belt (and I have a C-TAC on order).

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
25 votes so far, and no-one who has tried one has sent it back.

If you're on the fence about getting one, I'd call that pretty good odds!

Keep the votes coming!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I voted (A)
I started out carrying with Thunderwear brand for about 8 and half yrs. When I found out about the Smart Carry 2 and half yrs ago I ordered 2 off the bat. I now own 4 of them. Much better quality than the Thunderwear and with the sweat guard, I never worry about my guns getting wet at all. (I still wipe them down daily, but no nead to have to do it.) I carry (2) G30SF's in an ambi-model. Both my Glocks have Lasermax green Unimax mounted on the Glock rail. The comfort of the SC is unbeatable. I wear mine all day-every day, and have never been made. I do wear pleated dress slacks or Dockers with suspenders, no nead for a belt and can draw and fire first round COM in 1 and half seconds. This is my go to holster for EDC. In over 36 yrs of EDC with a 45ACP, I have never had a better or more comfortable holster. Besides Charlie Parrott is a card, great guy to deal with.
As always, stay safe. :comeandgetsome:

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I selected "B" and I just used it again last night with my 642-P. It was the first time in a couple of months. I really liked it when I first received it, although the summer heat turned into a walking sauna. My steel sleeved gun rusted like crazy. Now I can’t deny its benefits for deep concealment and when I wear certain style pants. However, it does make for a slow draw and the elastic band frayed and wore out fairly quickly. I’ll continue to use it in the cooler temps but never again in the summer.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Voted "A"... wear it about 70-80% of the time...

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I like it, but only use it when deep concealment is needed. I use it as a very good option for other than deep concealment as well.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
A, but B wasn't far behind.

I finally found one place where the SmartCarry wouldn't work for deep concealment. Went to see the doctor yesterday. She told me to strip to my undies, and she didn't leave the room. I had a hunch that might happen, so I had left the SmartCarry and my bigger guns at home. It would have been tough trying to get the SmartCarry off in conjunction with my pants, without her seeing it or the guns. :gah:

She never saw the 2 .38's in my front pockets. :smile:

And yes, I have repented for being so lightly armed. :yup:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
A+B for me as well. It depends on what I'm carrying rather than my concealment needs. If I'm not using an LCP in pocket holster, I probably am using the SmartCarry, it's just that for the majority of the time in my lifestyle, the LCP goes along.

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
25 votes so far, and no-one who has tried one has sent it back.

If you're on the fence about getting one, I'd call that pretty good odds!
You didn't have option D - It's in my "holster box" collecting dust. I didn't send it back, but the SC snicks off the ambi safety on my Kimber Ultra CDP II as I move about. It's kinda scary reaching down your pants to find a 1911 in Condition 1 with the safety off. :blink:

I should try it with my wife's Aegis II as it doesn't have the ambi safety. Now that we are proud owners of a S&W 642 snubbie, I am betting that will be a good deep concealment option.

I am glad I didn't send it back, but I have do have to spend some time with it exploring other options than my current EDC - my Kimber Ultra CDP II.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You didn't have option D - It's in my "holster box" collecting dust. I didn't send it back, but the SC snicks off the ambi safety on my Kimber Ultra CDP II as I move about. It's kinda scary reaching down your pants to find a 1911 in Condition 1 with the safety off. :blink:

I should try it with my wife's Aegis II as it doesn't have the ambi safety. Now that we are proud owners of a S&W 642 snubbie, I am betting that will be a good deep concealment option.

I am glad I didn't send it back, but I have do have to spend some time with it exploring other options than my current EDC - my Kimber Ultra CDP II.
I'd have to pick option "D" as well - for a somewhat similiar reason to the one above posted by Mac.

It's in my holster box, but I do use it every once in a while. Used to carry my LCP in it occasionally, but more recently carried my G26 in it for about two days. While using it that last time, I felt myself a lot more cautious than usual about not letting anything hit or rub against the pistol for fear of the trigger being accidently pulled (was being carried at 3:30). Decided shortly after to not carry any pistols with it that have less than a 8 lb pull. Having read Mac's post, I can see that there is a real possiblity of having controls on the pistol move into positions that aren't safe - so my fears are validated.

Overall, it's a rather slick and nice piece of equipment - I don't feel ripped off at all and will still use it to carry my S&W 642 occasionally.

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK...who's the wise guys who sent them back?:ticking: (jk!):tongue:

If you're concerned about the trigger, just cut a piece of sheet plastic (old milk jug will do) and put it in the gun pocket of the Smartcarry. I do this, even though it isn't really necessary. It doesn't hurt anything, so why not? Adds another layer between the world and your trigger.:wink:

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you're concerned about the trigger, just cut a piece of sheet plastic (old milk jug will do) and put it in the gun pocket of the Smartcarry. I do this, even though it isn't really necessary. It doesn't hurt anything, so why not?
I didn't send it back, but the SC snicks off the ambi safety on my Kimber Ultra CDP II as I move about. It's kinda scary reaching down your pants to find a 1911 in Condition 1 with the safety off. :blink:
Isn't really necessary? Doesn't hurt anything? Then maybe Mac should start calling his private parts "Anything". :gah:

Adds another layer between the world and your trigger.:wink
If I put a loaded firearm in a pouch, pocket, holster or any place where it is to be carried or transported, NO OTHER ITEMS will be placed inside that holster or compartment to ensure that the trigger is not unexpectedly pulled. IMO, Deep concealment can be accomplished with other safer methods or by using a different firearm choice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am not a small man so I do not know how comfortable this holster will be. To me it does not look like it would be on the top of my list for holsters to purhase. It seems like my belly would get in the way.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts