Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new to me Smith and Wesson 13-3 several months ago. Was wondering if anyone could provide a reference source for an approx date of manufacture. Serial number AVF66XX. I've also enclosed a poor quality cell phone picture for your viewing pleasure. Bad picture is better than no picture.:rofl:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
From my 3rd Gen Std Cataloge of S&W book it looks like 1987.

Great K-frame find. I love shooting my K-frames and will never pass up a good deal on one.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
In the late '80's, early '90's before transition to S&W 9 MM, Autos, our department issued the S&W, 3" K-Frame revolver in stainless steel version (can't remember the designation) to Sergeants and Lieutenants. I carried one for 3 - 4 years and really thought it was a great gun. Not all that heavy, the shorter barrel was easier to conceal (plainclothes duty) and it was pretty accurate overall. I wish I had one today.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Picked up a new to me Smith and Wesson 13-3 several months ago. Was wondering if anyone could provide a reference source for an approx date of manufacture. Serial number AVF66XX. I've also enclosed a poor quality cell phone picture for your viewing pleasure. Bad picture is better than no picture.:rofl:
Nice looking Smitty!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts