Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Grips look worn how is the timing etc ? Does it have the box , tools etc ?

If just the gun 500 is a bit much with the wear I am seeing 400-450 I would offer esp as it is not a rarer model and a lot pop up still used ex leo on GB for cheep

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grips look worn how is the timing etc ? Does it have the box , tools etc ?

If just the gun 500 is a bit much with the wear I am seeing 400-450 I would offer esp as it is not a rarer model and a lot pop up still used ex leo on GB for cheep
Yeah 400 would be my max. At 400 I have been seeing some really nice Ruger sp101 in 38spc with the 3 inch barrel repatriated from France that I would take over this.

·
Super Moderator
25,065 Posts
Yeah 400 would be my max. At 400 I have been seeing some really nice Ruger sp101 in 38spc with the 3 inch barrel repatriated from France that I would take over this.
Those French ones have never been shot, but dropped once?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Just mho, but $500 looks kinda high for that particular piece. The 64 is a fine revolver, but it's far from rare on the used market and you might be able to do better if you're patient.

Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Seems a bit high but in the current inflated market conditions not crazy. No shipping, FFL fees or taxes?

As long as that S&W is in good condition it will be far superior to any SP101, even the French models with Trausch grips. Don't get me wrong I love Ruger wheelguns, but SP101s though tough as tanks also handle like tanks with substandard triggers and are far too heavy for only being six shots.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I am going to a little bit disagree. Id say if those are original grips it just might be a buy at $500. Not a steal but there are not many of them for sale. Whats the serial number range or age of the firearm? Does it have an original box?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems a bit high but in the current inflated market conditions not crazy. No shipping, FFL fees or taxes?

As long as that S&W is in good condition it will be far superior to any SP101, even the French models with Trausch grips. Don't get me wrong I love Ruger wheelguns, but SP101s though tough as tanks also handle like tanks with substandard triggers and are far too heavy for only being six shots.
Private sale no shipping/taxes etc.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ruger made 3" SP-101's in .38 for France?
No they were made here bought by the French and were issued to the French Railroad Police. The RR Police switched to semi autos so American distributors are buying them up and bringing them back here to resell. Nice revolvers with the much sought-after Trausch grips, heck you could sell the grips for an easy $150 now that they are no longer being made.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
No they were made here bought by the French and were issued to the French Railroad Police. The RR Police switched to semi autos so American distributors are buying them up and bringing them back here to resell. Nice revolvers with the much sought-after Trausch grips, heck you could sell the grips for an easy $150 now that they are no longer being made.
But are they chambered in .38? I'd never heard of an SP-101 in anything other than .357.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
My first 2 1/4" was .38 Special. The bobbed hammer ones were .357. Never satisfied, I'd like a 4" with bobbed hammer...in Magnum so that we had a choice in ammo. They don't care what I like. I'd have bought a new one, but for the adj. sights. They are a fine little pistol, no matter the model you choose.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
10 years ago i would had said $275 max.......
4 years ago it would had been $350 max
last year would had been $435 max......

one thing for sure.....they are not going down in price......the old police surplus trade-ins are getting far and few and the prices are reflecting that along with demand.......

the market is extremely sensitive right now especially with the idiot in office and everyone spooked about mid-terms approaching.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
My first 2 1/4" was .38 Special. The bobbed hammer ones were .357. Never satisfied, I'd like a 4" with bobbed hammer...in Magnum so that we had a choice in ammo. They don't care what I like. I'd have bought a new one, but for the adj. sights. They are a fine little pistol, no matter the model you choose.
Independence Day and Battleship. When you think about it, Battleship is pretty funny. Imagine being the cook on the alien ship, jumping around the ocean. Love to see how they cook and eat.
3" with a bobbed hammer.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts