Defensive Carry banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,435 Posts
500 is too steep. Also, the grips seem worn. Not a bad thing if they are comfortable for you.

Providing the timing is fine (the cylinder "locks" before the hammer falls and lines up), that's a $400 - $424 max, in my opinion.

FWIW, in bout the same gun in 2014 for $325. So add 7 years, some inflation, and demand.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
No they were made here bought by the French and were issued to the French Railroad Police. The RR Police switched to semi autos so American distributors are buying them up and bringing them back here to resell. Nice revolvers with the much sought-after Trausch grips, heck you could sell the grips for an easy $150 now that they are no longer being made.
That's interesting. Some years ago I owned a Trausch Grip. I bought it on an internet website and it shipped from France. I don't recall the price but I'd guess around $60 at the time. Anyway I was not too thrilled with the Traush Grip so I took it off and went back to the SP101 stock grip. Several years later I met up with a young guy who was looking for a Trausch without any luck finding one as they had become quite scarce. I made the kid an offer he couldn't refuse with instructions to "pay it forward". Ah well, easy come easy go I guess.

·
Super Moderator
19,245 Posts
I'm gonna say if a stainless steel, pinned barrel, Heavy Barrel K-Frame Smith & Wesson revolver can be secured for $500 in today's market then a person had better go for it.

·
Super Moderator
20,214 Posts
Good eye, Bryan - I missed that pinned barrel.

·
Super Moderator
19,245 Posts
Yeah, but that was last year.

I got a Colt Government Model brand new off a GunBroker dealer for $769 early ...

...last year.

Now it's this year and we're in the era of high prices and bad shortages.

Besides which, you stole that Model 66 last year. That was criminal then to buy it for that.

I'm calling the law! And, I'll need to confiscate that neato 4-inch Model 66.

I'm tellin'...I'm tellin'...I'm tellin' !!!

·
Premium Member
5,292 Posts
Yeah, but that was last year.

I got a Colt Government Model brand new off a GunBroker dealer for $769 early ...

...last year.

Now it's this year and we're in the era of high prices and bad shortages.

Besides which, you stole that Model 66 last year. That was criminal then to buy it for that.

I'm calling the law! And, I'll need to confiscate that neato 4-inch Model 66.

I'm tellin'...I'm tellin'...I'm tellin' !!!
They had misidentified it. I wasn't going to tell them any different.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I'd be in at $400. I'd sell my 64-4 for $450. I would not be a buyer at $500. Other considerations pointed out previously are condition, shipping, tax, and transfer fee if any of those apply. At the end of the day though, what is the gun worth to you?

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I'd be in at $400. I'd sell my 64-4 for $450. I would not be a buyer at $500. Other considerations pointed out previously are condition, shipping, tax, and transfer fee if any of those apply. At the end of the day though, what is the gun worth to you?

View attachment 365138
Good point. I wouldn't pay more than $400 for it but in the end a fair price for the gun is whatever the gun is worth to you.

·
Super Moderator
19,245 Posts
They had misidentified it. I wasn't going to tell them any different.
That's two charges right there! Buying too cheaply and taking advantage of nitwittery.

You're busted!

·
Premium Member
9,435 Posts
On the other hand... prices are high right now due to demand. So if you pay full freight at $500, and the gun is sound, it will last you the rest of your life. So do you really want to quibble over $50 - $75 if you'll use the gun for the next 30 - 40 years?

(Please ignore if you're a thrash-metal drug fiend, in which case you may OD on any given day).

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts

View attachment 365138
@Rabbit212 ain't gona pay no shipping, tax, OR transfer fee! 🤗 He didn't fall off the turnip truck last week! (although I DO think he once bumped his head poke'n through the huisache) ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
(Please ignore if you're a thrash-metal drug fiend, in which case you may OD on any given day).
😂😂

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
@Rabbit212 ain't gona pay no shipping, tax, OR transfer fee! 🤗 He didn't fall off the turnip truck last week! (although I DO think he once bumped his head poke'n through the huisache) ;)
Ugh clearing huisache is not for the faint of heart or weak of back. Lol but you are correct no shipping/transfer/taxes for me. Deals on stand by the bosses have me going up to Austin weekly to help at the plant so no time to wheel and deal.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Well sadly someone paid the 5 bills so I missed out. :cry::cry::cry: sad sad day really had my heart set on getting that Smith. It's been that kind of week.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
The kind of week where you lose on a deal but the Rabbit always comes back swinging!!! Smith and Wesson 65-3 picked it up for $450 Americano. Bit of honest wear on the first pic but a little elbow grease and some Mothers Mag Polish and it came out nice. Now for some new grips.
Wood Revolver Sleeve Font Pattern
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Wood
Air gun Sleeve Trigger Wood Gun barrel

21 - 40 of 43 Posts