Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Personally I would prefer the 642 in 38 but I do have a 380 bodyguard I bought for my wife feeds everything very reliable nice weapon.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The LCP has a lot of satisfied owners, including myself. A Crimson Trace laser on the LCP is activated MUCH easier than the Bodyguard's laser in my opinion.

"Which is the best" is a subjective question, but my vote goes for the Ruger.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I haven't had a chance to experience the Bodyguard, but I've heard nothing but great things about the LCP. Unfortunately, I got a lemon and replaced it with a Kel-Tech PF9.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Bodyguard has problems with the laser and problems with the hammer breaking. I had to send mine in three times, finally sold it back to the LGS and purchased a Taurus TCP. If I were you I would go with the LCP.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Having owned the LC9 and the LCP by ruger the new LC380 has to be the better choice between the two you mentioned.....plus the S&W bodyguard is just down right butt ugly......Didn't your mother teach you....Don't buy no ugly gun............

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
LCP. The laser on the Bodyguard is a joke to activate. However, I'd recommend the LCR over either of them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sig p238 is a great gun. I haven't had any trouble with mine and is more fun to shoot than the lcp. The lcp in my opinion is also a very good choice though.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bodyguard 380 all the way. LCP stands for little crappy pistol. My wife has the BG380 and it's a solid little pistol. Eats everything we feed it. Slide locks back on an empty mag (unlike the LCP), second strike capability (unlike the LCP), front and rear dovetailed steel sights (better than LCP sights) and can be replaced with aftermarket night sights, the slide barrel and sights are all stainless steel and coated with S&W's black melonite finish. you get a substantially better fit and finish, real sights which IMO are worth it alone, and a fully functional slide lock, and an integrated laser unit which adds a little extra weight which you'll be thankful for to help absorb recoil at the range. The activation of the laser gets better with time and I like the idea of being able to activate it when you want rather than every time you grip the pistol like the CT grip on the LCP. Besides we don't rely on a laser in a defensive situation the 380 is a point and shoot platform, I've helped the wife with the point shoot technique and she has caught on very well. The laser is more of a training aid IMO and might be helpful if you have time to red dot a BG as they say it helps bad guys make good decisions.

Good luck let us know what you ultimately decide.

Reactions: sanfordreed

·
Registered
22 Posts
+1 for BG 380. I have one and love it. Never tried the LCP, but don't feel the need to with the BG already in holster.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Having had both, I would say each are pretty darn nice little pocket pistols. Like I said, I have had both, but I still have my two LCP's. :wink:

if you do decide on the LCP, be sure to get the gen 2 one.. You won't regret the purchase.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I have shot both. My takeaway:

LCP - more durable, worse sights, worse trigger

Bodyguard - firing pin can and does break (it is poured, not forged), better sights, better trigger.

I personally don't trust the bodyguard not to break when I really need it. If I HAD to carry one, I would choose the LCP.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
19,923 Posts
I owned and pocket carried several .380 pistols. The best by far was the Sig P238 .380. The felt recoil and the trigger were far better than any others. I was much more accurate with it and never hand a single issue with thousands of rounds. It is like a miniature 1911 and should be carried in condition one. I was looking to move up to the Sig P938 9mm when I tried a Springfield XDS-45. It is now my pocket gun.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sig is the nicest to shoot... But if you're going to get the Sig, you might as well get a 9mm because its nearly the same size.

If your goal is concealability, you can't go wrong with the LCP. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I owned and pocket carried several .380 pistols. The best by far was the Sig P238 .380. The felt recoil and the trigger were far better than any others. I was much more accurate with it and never hand a single issue with thousands of rounds. It is like a miniature 1911 and should be carried in condition one. I was looking to move up to the Sig P938 9mm when I tried a Springfield XDS-45. It is now my pocket gun.
How does the sig 230 compare

1 - 20 of 41 Posts