Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought one last Monday, shot it Tuesday, now waiting for shipping labels from S+W to return for repair. Seems as though these rifles have a problem with out of battery discharges. I made it through about 100 rounds before I was sprayed in the face. Now after a little more research I see this is becoming a real problem for these rifles. A lot of people are having the same problems, extractors being blown out etc. Anyone else here with this rifle having issues or not? I hope it can be adequately repaired, I really liked it before this happened.

Ron

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Eeek! I hadnt heard of this before,and I've got one on layaway currently. Let me know how it goes, I may switch my money over to the Sig 522 SWAT they've got in stock at my fun store before I make the final payment. :22a:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That is why I built a real AR chambered in .22LR (dedicated) and not some pot-metal and plastic look-a-like.

Here's mine :image035:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Mine (new model with FH) was delivered on Thurs, and I tried it today at my range. 300 rounds with 1 FTF. Did a bunch of doubles a triples firing as fast as I could without a mishap.

Pretty cool little rifle really.

Chuck

·
Registered
245 Posts
No issues here since my purchase last August. I've stayed away from poor quality rimfire ammmuntion, which I believe has increased reliability. Review posted here.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
No issues with mine , other than some cheap .22 ammo doesn't reliably cycle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine went back to the factory yesterday. I wish mine were working as well as yours are. I was using Fed bulk ammo when it happened. Hopefully they can fix it for me and all will be well.

Ron

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine went back to the factory yesterday. I wish mine were working as well as yours are. I was using Fed bulk ammo when it happened. Hopefully they can fix it for me and all will be well.

Ron
Sorry to hear about your issue. S&W will treat you right. Turn around is quick and they usually include an extra mag or two as a bonus. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts

Ron
I own a S&W 15-22. Mine is extremely reliable. It eats the cheapo wally world federal 550 packs with no issues. The only ammo I ever had issues with was CCI velocitors (about 1 in 25 jam).

That being said I have heard of folks having extractor issues with the 15-22.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
The S&W's seem to be great shooters.

I dont know why they didnt thread the barrel for a flash suppressor. I've threaded several of them for people that wanted it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The S&W's seem to be great shooters. I dont know why they didnt thread the barrel for a flash suppressor. I've threaded several of them for people that wanted it.
They recently added a threaded barrel version with flash suppressor to the 15-22 line up.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I fabricated a mandrel that replaces the bolt. I remove the top half,remove the bolt, and replace it with the mandrel. I chuck it up in a 4 jaw chuck,dial it in, run a center into the barrel and then cut the proper diameter and then thread it. Most people want a 1/2-28 threads so that they can use a standard AR flash suppressor, or any one of the mulitudes of variants and a lot of suppressors.

It works well and dosent take that long to do. One of the people I did this for mounted an Outback 3 suppressor on it. It was very quiet and there were no malfunctions. It was a hoot to shoot..

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Problems w/ GSG-5 ,Similar if you like MP5 look

10,000 rounds and counting , thank GOD 22lr rounds are cheap! Here are some of my pics . Also tons of parts available to modify / upgrade your weapon. Just ordered a new barrel from ATI $59.99 with shipping .... you can't beat that...

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice rifle, I ordered the mp15-22 because I have the S+W ar15 in the .223 caliber also. Thought it would be nice to have the .22 to shoot cheaper. Its back at the factory now so hoping to get it back within a week or so and be shooting again. A lot of talk about it possibly being the mag causing the problem. Some are getting the rifle back with a different mag that has a slightly higher profile on the way the shell is slanted.

Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I received my rifle back yesterday, letter said "brought to new specs replaced springs, updated magazine". So hopefully this will correct any issues the rifle had and i will be good to go. I will be firing it this weekend to see how it works.

Ron

·
Registered
245 Posts
I received my rifle back yesterday, letter said "brought to new specs replaced springs, updated magazine". So hopefully this will correct any issues the rifle had and i will be good to go. I will be firing it this weekend to see how it works.

Ron
Great, weather permitting, enjoy yourself. :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
So any freebies come back with your rifle?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts