Defensive Carry banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Remember , t most of that russian / eastern european ammo is made a number a number of different companies and there not always as comparable as users might like . Sorta like some of those eastern european AK-47's .

But then not all of our handgun ammo has the same level of QC ether at times !!
Esp lattly with the massive rush on ammo I am seeing some pretty ehh stuff and sketch stuff getting pulled out of the woodwork .... Yugo m67 has come back ..Which is amazing brass case ammo some of the best in fact brass ..Exp it is corrsive so a new person needs to be wary at this stage in the game ..Also SGA has been selling corrsive primed 47 ammo that looks the same as other commerical ammo but again is corrsive ( mind you they are selling it as corrsive but lose you might not relize it ) ..Its reloaded miltary rounds ..

So just be carefull what you put in a 30 ..As I hate to see what corrsive primers would do to it ....

Reactions: hardluk1

·
Super Moderator
19,908 Posts
I was chatting with @Pete63 and promised to put up a few pix of the Mini Thirty a snagged for 625.00 minus my 10% discount at the Store. ....565.00 OTD to me...
7.62x39 Ctg...... The rifle was #143 off the FIRST Run production....
Came with the ruger rings.. Instruction book and Box.....Hard to beat that price any day....I know they list NEW for about 1199.00 all day long..
View attachment 354146 View attachment 354147 View attachment 354148 View attachment 354149 View attachment 354150 View attachment 354151
Cue up the A-Team re-runs! "I love it when a plan comes together!"

·
Registered
42,330 Posts
I think it would be cooler using en bloc clips.

Reactions: CLASS3NH

·
Registered
9,909 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I friend bought one some years back and found our its not reliable with tula ammo but shoot wolf reliably and is fairly accurate with it . Hunts deer with hornady 123gr sst and shots it very well for what it is .

Good price ...

As I have posted before I could never get into the x39 mini ... But for 600-700 yeah that is a good score

My issues are limited mag option ( I mean come one only two or three size and they are like 30-50 each ) and some are very very picky on ammo esp surplus or hard primer stuff

Def interested in how this works and if you need to mod it to run steel cased stuff ..

Any normal size mags come with it or just the safe and sane 5 rounder ...
That's why my Gen II PSA KS-47 added the "longer firing pin"!

These seem "pretty cheap to me"? YES, they ARE "Promag's", BUT, CDNN are good folk's, & I'd just ask for an exchange, if issues.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I think it would be cooler using en bloc clips.
Yes it would, BUT, I'd LOVE to see one of Ruger's XGI Rifles that they have stashed away in Ruger's Dark Corner Warehouse....They have Experimental guns ( Such as the XGI) that will NEVER EVER be seen by the Public.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Yes it would, BUT, I'd LOVE to see one of Ruger's XGI Rifles that they have stashed away in their Dark corner Warehouse....
Don't remember seeing that. COOL! :cool: Thanks for posting!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts